Film recommendations.

Forum for all multichannel discussions (SACD, AV etc) and Movie discussions.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Film recommendations.

Unread post by jammy395 »

"Riddick - Rule the Dark" Not bad at all, If you enjoyed "Pitch Black" & "Riddick" you will enjoy this. :shifty:

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Searching For Sugar Man.

I really enjoyed this film. Great soundtrack. Interesting story.

Gromit

Unread post by Gromit »

jammy395 wrote:Watched the new "StarTrek - Into Darkness" the other day.....Not bad at all, if you like that sort of thing. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Got this on Blu-Ray a couple of weeks ago, really enjoyed it. Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan was superb, and really made the film imho. :)
These users thanked the author Gromit for the post:
Colin Wonfor (Wed May 27, 2020 10:30 pm)
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL
Making it louder: Sonneteer Sedley/Sonneteer Campion
Speakers: Royd Sapphire
Hooking it all up: NVA Soundcord & NVA LS6

jammy395

Yep I agree Gromit, he makes a good bad guy...!!!
The first film is bloody good too - The new / old cast (if you know what i meen) injects some flair into the S.T. franchise. :clap: :sci-fi-beamup:

jammy395

Rush - F1 Drama about the James Hunt / Nikki Lauda rivalry..... :clap: :clap: :clap:

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Does anyone like horror comedies? Generally these are very badly done but there's a little (British/Irish) classic up for grabs in the bargain bins at the moment. Stitches, starring Ross Noble, one of my favourite comedians. Clowns, death, parties; what's not to like? This is one that's destined to become a cult classic, and you heard it here first. Incidentally, there are some great extras on the DVD release, including an entertaining Q&A with Ross and the film's director.

Here's the trailer, and despite the attempts to ramp up the "sexy young teens" angle there's virtually no 'sexual' content in the movie itself, in fact what's in the trailer is pretty much it...

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsvuQVo6uxI[/BBvideo]

Three quid at Sainsbury's. Go on, treat yourself. :twisted:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

jammy395

I it's an hour and a half of B-Movie bliss Slinger - The umbrella scene's fun......... :shifty: :whistle:

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

I really didn't enjoy Star Trek Into Darkness. I thought it was an absolute load of tosh. There were totally illogical gravitational and inertial effects when the Enterprise was crashing. Especially when you consider how it accelerates at ridiculous rates when going into warp drive or undertaking combat manoeuvres whilst the crew remain steadily standing at an angle of 90 degrees to the direction of the acceleration. Of course, this has nothing to do with the bridge of the Enterprise actually being in a film studio and the scenes where crew members are falling through the inside of the damaged ship being there for cliff-hanger dramatic effect.

I could forgive the film these traditional Star Trek illogicalities if it weren't for the new Spock character being such a smug little git. The sort of presence where I just want to punch him whenever he comes on screen.

jammy395

Lyndsayt its only fukin make believe..........Lighten up.

PS / call me a prick but ....Add something positive and reply to posters.........Its Nice to be nice. :naughty:

Ad hominem removed by moderator

jammy395

Ive just recently got into "A Game of Thrones" and I must a say its quite bloody good.....
Someones just stolen Allisse,s dragons.......There could be trouble ahead.
Anyone else a fan...!!!