The future

Forum for all multichannel discussions (SACD, AV etc) and Movie discussions.
kazam
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The future

Unread post by kazam »

This thread has wandered fantastically, which direction next, shall we call on the Hatter or the March Hare? It is nearly May..

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

All you need is lateral thinking, there are loads of rabbit holes to explore.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Many fantasy books and films especially kids ones are about exploring self. The best way to know who self is is to lose it for a while, as long as you can find the way back. Even Enid Blyton used it in a simplistic way - read the Faraway Tree. If we can explore and learn, grow and evolve, but keep our childs mind and not lose it, then the more rabbit holes the merrier.

There must always be a way down the tree or up the rabbit hole, it is our security blanket, very few people completely let go, as there lies madness - or that is at least what others observe as madness.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

There must always be a way down the tree or up the rabbit hole, it is our security blanket, very few people completely let go, as there lies madness - or that is at least what others observe as madness. (Quote Doc)

I think Marco let go. :whistle:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

No the problem is he didn't let go - he got wrapped up in self which is the biggest delusion of the lot. That form of madness means reality is what reinforces self, no matter if you have to bend it to fit. You see it in his exaggerating anything bad he perceives about me and nva or even blatantly making things up. Reality doesn't matter to him as long as what he says reinforces his perceived self worth, or he thinks it makes other perceive him positively. His whole reality resolves around self.

Then, as I have said many times, he can then strut up and down the balcony of his ego being Il Duce, in his dress uniform and medals for the benefit of the adoring masses. :D

kazam

Unread post by kazam »

The Psychedelic experience: A Manual Based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Leary may have been as flawed as us all, but I found this to be an interesting read.