Good deals on 40-42" TVs

Forum for all multichannel discussions (SACD, AV etc) and Movie discussions.
selby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Good deals on 40-42" TVs

Unread post by selby »

Our TV has just packed up, it's done well 11 years old 32" Toshiba flatscreen.

So I've just started to investigate news sets, I'm not fussed about 3D as it doesn't float my boat but seems that nearly every telly is now 3D enabled.

From looking at What HiFi they seem to have awarded 110 TVs with 5 stars...I've always felt What HiFi give out 5 stars far too often and I don't trust their opinion really anyway.

In the past I've always preferred the picture quality of plasmas due to the nice black levels they produce, so the Panasonic TX-P42GT60B could be an option although it's a little pricey. The Sony KDL-40HX853 would be ok (quite like the design) but you can't seem to get it anymore.

Has anyone recently bought a telly? Seen any good deals? Good online or retail suppliers? Make any recommendations to add to my short list?
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Shevans
Great Britain

Re: Good deals on 40-42" TVs

Unread post by Shevans »

As you said Panasonic Plasma, some of the cheaper models do however feel lightweight and plastic nowadays, 3D is just a fad and could not imagine myself wearing another pair of glasses onto of mine to watch TV.

EDIT Star Rating relate to the amount of advertising, 5 Star = lots of revenue for the magazine :D

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I have bought several , all from Richer Sounds and I have a particular liking for LG .

You can get some excellent end of line deals from Richer sounds and in the television world end of line means about the same as it does in the fashion world .

selby

Unread post by selby »

For me I simply don't get on with 3D, for one wearing silly glasses annoys me and secondly I think I'm one of the small percentage of people who's eyes simply don't work perfectly with 3D, it's grainy and flickery...I find it tiring and distracting from the movie itself.

A friend of mine at the start of the year bought a 2k Samsung LED telly, bloody massive thing (55") with basically no border and I must say the picture was amazing but 40" will suit the room better and I don't want to spend more than 1k.

Anyway...if anyone can recommend anything that would be great.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Shevans
Great Britain

Unread post by Shevans »

LG= Lucky Goldstar :o (honest not making it up)

James, any Panasonic plasma, old or new will give you a stunning image, just as long as it has no burn-in

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Selby there's some crackin deals on tvs - but go for a Samsung or Panasonic.
What ever happened to the old CRT jobbies that blended in seamlessly.......... :whistle: