NVA v Teddy Pardo

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Re: NVA v Teddy Pardo

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

Speaker cables ordered so hope to be up and running in the next couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to this........

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I hope you realise LS2 is a cheap starter cable just to get people a cable that is electrically safe with NVA amps, it is not like even LS1 in construction.

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Thanks Doc, with Christmas upon us, I have to draw the line somewhere hence the economy with the cable. I don't want to use my avondale black link in case it.damages the amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well then you will have to use the LS2 on the Pardos as well if you wish to make a comparison. It is a completely behign cable and is incapable of harming any amp.

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

That's what I was hoping you would say :grin:

MarkWoody
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by MarkWoody »

kimangelis wrote:Hello Woody... Long time no speakee!
It was LS5 I recall? But then I'm not too good at counting.
Went the whole hog and got both NVA A70 power amps and Cube 2's. How are the A80's?
Hi Derek,
Season's Greetings & all that! Glad you're liking the A70s & Cube 2.
I'm afraid the A80s are still in a box under the bed! Embarrassingly the speaker cables are still packaged exactly as you sent them! I really wasn't joking when I said it would be ages until I could get them set up. New year's first mission... to sort the bloody house out.

You said you were selling LS6...

Re: LS3
Postby kimangelis » 24 Aug 2014 19:31
For what it's worth... I've just sold a set of LS6 cables and kept my LS3's. I can't explain why, but I prefer them over the LS6's. I have a reasonably sized living room and good NVA gear..... Don't know why, but the 'lesser' cables suit me fine.

Just seen Jammy's reply...
Postby jammy395 » 24 Aug 2014 20:19
YEP...................Youve mixed the cables up. :whistle: youve sold the LS3's

Maybe I should dig it out and check!!

kimangelis
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Do... I really don't remember now. Hope I haven't unknowingly swizzed you. Either way I should have kept a hold of them, but it has all been a learning experience, and enjoyable.

What seemed to be happening was the Rega+P50+A40's with the LS5/6 meant the BandW's simply couldn't cope with what they were receiving. Since then I've bought a pair of Cube2's and a pair of A70 MkII's. Sound absolutely brilliant with the LS3. Anyway, I then borrowed a set of LS6's from a mate in England for a week and the improvement over the LS3 was quite marked.

I then swapped in my BandW's for the Cube2's (with the LS6), and it was all hard and shouty again. When I re-introduced the LS3 it sounded fine. Nothing like as good as the Cube's but well... fine.

So it's a set of LS6's for me in the quite near future.... then some new Grado headphones. Will it ever end? :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.