NEBO 6 set for November 2015

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
brit-pop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NEBO 6 set for November 2015

Unread post by brit-pop »

Always amazes me why nobody darn sarf can't get something sorted.

If work and circumstances have their way a possible move to the South West may be on the cards before the year is out. If so I'll be leaving many friends behind so will be organising some meets in order to meet some likeminded people.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

That is still a SWBO, I want a SEBO or a LOBO (London Bake Off).

brit-pop
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by brit-pop »

Checking the associated thread on AoS, looks like a good line up of kit and decent turn out for this...

Bump for those prepared to make the journey

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Copied from Cubettes thread.

These little Cubettes are making it not a priority to get bigger Cubes built. For my work room they are doing really well. The Cube concept works, pity is because it is so different it has many doubters, well the only option is for more people to hear them, so I am offering them for NEBO if they want them.

Progmeister
Great Britain

Unread post by Progmeister »

Send them up dear boy and they will get a fair hearing.
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Rich is coming down soon so he will hear them and see how they are set up so it may be best to supply them via him.

Progmeister
Great Britain

hello chaps

I realise that many of you either dislike or despise social media but Nebo has a Facebook page which i would urge anyone who has a mind to join should they wish to keep updated with regards to stirrings within the force. Here is a link.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthEastBakeOff/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Don't put it there as I really can't be bothered with that crap, please post it here or at AoS or both.

Progmeister
Great Britain

OK Doc.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Don't put it there as I really can't be bothered with that crap, please post it here or at AoS or both.

Progmeister
Great Britain

Nebo 6 is looking like it is going to be the best one so far. A lot of great things happening throughout the day but we need to get a crack on guys. I know some of you are coming from a fair distance though i am mindful that on this occasion we have a lot to get through. Please be patient with me if i appear to be a little pushy but i want everyone to get a fair hearing. In proper bake off fashion we have a clash between NVA's Phono 2 phono stage and the cult favourite valve design Firebottle 2 which i have no doubt will be a heated debate. Nebo 6 appears to be heading towards being a vintage turntable fest with some great units from Technics and Sony making an appearance. On a personal note i can't wait to hear the Edingdale speakers and some treasures being brought to us by our Scottish colleagues. There will be a challenge later on in the evening set by Rich Britton to put together a system for a ton or less and the best one will be judged by my good self. The winner will receive a Nebo mug ( hey, it's not the world cup ) contact Rich if you want to know more about that.

The Schooner pub is shaping up to being a pretty good alternative to our previous venue who evicted us due to corporate enterprise. The food is very good and i sampled the Caffrey's last week and it was pretty darned good. Please use the facilities at the pub as much as possible as this will stand us in good stead should we wish to hold another meeting there in the future. Please park at the opposite end of the car park at the rear furthest away from it's entrance as this will make it easier for off loading. Judging by some of the posts on The Art Of Sound Forum i think Nebo 6 is going to be a treat. Get there as early as you can folks. SEE YOU DOWN THERE!