Rega Brio R Bake-Off

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Rega Brio R Bake-Off

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I would be the same but the shilling and spamming have pushed this to a contest, sadly. I wish you could have come, your smaller Sony might have been the spoiler.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Whats with the Tupperware , is this HS's move in to the world of commercials or have i missed a joke ? :D

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You missed a joke. You saw the one about Jammy well this came with it.

"Indeed... Fancy going down, Gaz? If not, it'll merely be his resident fanboys and him wanking each other off over whatever Tupperware amp he's made that has been designed to match his system, so the result is a foregone conclusion!

Incidentally, the thick short-arse, who works on the oil rigs, jam-rag or something, always makes me laugh, as he frequently writes the most incredible amount of bollocks"

It gave me a fit of the giggles, so I adopted it as my sig. Incidently same as I adopted Dr Bunsen Honeydew 5 years ago because he called me a Muppet :mrgreen: It has been a loooooooong war 8-) no deaths, but some severe ego wounding, he is wearing so many mental bandages now he probably looks like an Sikh.

Daniel Quinn

:lol:

Now I may be a little perverted but I am not making a 500 mile round trip to play with any fora members penis , so alas I wont be able to make the bake off . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ps. are we sure bake-off is the correct term for this event :mrgreen:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well it is certainly not a wank-off :shock: :?

Daniel Quinn

Glad to hear it , though I think Il Duce will be dissapointed :mrgreen:

Doc edit - its Il Duce, I keep correcting your posts. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =il%20duce

edit - ta ,

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well not one of them has asked to attend even though the bake-off was their idea :snooty: And now the thread has gone completely quiet apart from the odd attempt to insult me or NVA products. And as you can see from my last post the excuses are already being laid on for what I expect to be a pretty easy contest (though I could be wrong). This is why I wanted one of these spamming / shilling / happy Rega users to bring their amp (and cable if they want), save me having to buy one :dance: but silence so I am afraid we have to apply the big Image

Ninanina
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Ninanina »

If you put the Rega up against a £500 NVA it is pretty obvious the NVA will beat it, but that's mostly because the Brio is manufactured by a company, like almost every other make, that has a manufacturing plant to support, a number of staff to support, advertising to pay for, proper literature to be written and printed etc etc etc, they also have to make a profit as do their retailers.

There are many other reasons why a product from Rega or any other manufacturer could be inferior to one supplied, for the same cost, directly. Direct suppliers have virtually no overheads

You are comparing apples and pears really. The only true test would be against other, non direct sold amps, and not NVA etc

With that level playing field I have a feeling the Rega may well come out ok

Daniel Quinn

hmmmm , dont agree .

To a customer a £500 amp is a £500 amp , they are the same : An amplifier costing £500 which you will put in to your system . The periperhals you attribute to rega may form part of the price but it does not however mean one is an apple and one is a pair . You take £500 out of you wallet/purse and you buy one or the other , they are directly and fairly comparable .

Following your logic , it would mean it would be unjust to compare an amplifiers costing the same price but one with a 2000% profit margin and one with a 2% profit margin . Comparing equipment premised on price is legtitimate it matters not how the price is constituted .

r100
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by r100 »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Comparing equipment premised on price is legtitimate it matters not how the price is constituted .
This is what they do all the time in the specialized press.. which leads to price segmentation.. as in the automobile industry. So, I'm not sure this is a valid differentiator.