DAC Bake-off at Dunn's dunny

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

DAC Bake-off at Dunn's dunny

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Now I have got my CD player I want to sample some DACs to go with it.

It will be a Saturday in August, nosh supplied, booze, well some home made Blackberry wine, but bring your own if you want lots. Hallucinogenic tea from Taiwan (legal) for those brave enough.

Which Saturday will be by consensus.

Venue Epping - Essex.

wallace
Been thanked: 0

Re: DAC Bake-off at Dunn's dunny

Unread post by wallace »

I wish i lived a bit closer to Essex,i like the sound of that Taiwanese tea.. :sleeping-drool: :sci-fi-beamup:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I note you live minutes from epping station which means thanks to the wonders of virgin trains I can mnake it in 2.5 hours. subject to the none premature arrival of baby DQ , if this goes ahead then I can attend . dont own a dac however and hitherto disliked digital audio. :D

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

That would be great, now all we need is Jammy on the Caledonian sleeper from Inverness :mrgreen:

Though to be fair Jammy has invited us all up there, no one replied :cry:

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

I have a moded MDAC and a great Ebay £55 DAC that punches WAY better than it should at that price point but I'm away for most of the summer

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

A bash at Mr Dunn's pad sounds wonderful - With Taiwanese Tea thrown in Unmissable (A bit like Buckfast tonic wine, without the hangover) I would suggest.. :lol:
If you can give me the date (3 WEEKS NOTICE REQUIRED) I will hitch up Luath & Cesar my 2 finest Clydesdale steeds and head south just as soon as the potato harvest is over - I will take my Brennan JB 7 fully loaded with Runrig, Andy Stewart & The Proclaimers with me - prepare to be blown away........... :lol: :dance: :clap: :oops:

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

I wish I was closer. I'd love to have made it but I don't drive and I'm based outside Newcastle. I'm also away from 14 August. If it was earlier than that and anyone was going down South and offering a lift I'd gladly share fuel costs.

I've got a couple of DACs but they are oldies. Happy to bring them if I do somehow get there.