Macca's HiFi Show

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Macca's HiFi Show

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

"As a venue I was thinking of the North Staffordshire Hotel. It is directly opposite a west coast main line station so all you London types can get to it (1 hr 15 minutes from Euston, sixty notes return) and get home again pretty easy. It is old so has a number of large, ground floor rooms with solid walls, high ceilings etc. Lots of parking space at the hotel and nearby especially if we hold it when the University is on holiday. I was thinking a 1 day event with maybe 6 or 7 systems sharing a couple of large rooms and alternating through the day and a room for trade stands. nothing on the scale of Scalford but if you try to run before you walk nothing will happen so the idea would be to keep it simple. If anyone is interested shout out and I will speak to the hotel and see if they would lay something like this on."

I'm in :mrgreen: as long as it doesn't coincide with a booked holiday.

Macca
Been thanked: 0

Re: Macca's HiFi Show

Unread post by Macca »

Thanks Richard

I don't want to tread on the toes of the AoS show as that now seems to be happening again but perhaps it could be organised more as a large bake off; just booking one of the big rooms on the ground floor. I've been to a few work functions there so I know they have suitable rooms that will accommodate seating, systems and a couple of trade stands . If I can get some more interest it will be pretty easy to arrange it, I think. Was thinking about late May early June when the nights are light and it is a bit warmer. No need for any firm commitments but please, everyone, shout out if you are interested otherwise it will not happen.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Obviously I am commercial, but that wouldn't be my motive. I have these active (well powered would be the right term) Cubix Pro going together over the next couple of months, and they are far too big and heavy to Beta test so for me it would be perfect for getting lots of opinions. I wouldn't bring any other amps.

It would be Cubix Pro, TCS with built in TAS, LS7, SSC(too long for SSP), Pioneer PL71 / Ortophon SPU Gold, Sony X-777ES cd player.

The thing to watch out for is Marco may want to ban mentioning it at AoS if I show / attend, so no worries if the prick does this, I will pull out.

floydfan

Unread post by floydfan »

Is this the North Stafford Hotel in Stoke on Trent?

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

floydfan wrote:Is this the North Stafford Hotel in Stoke on Trent?
Yes it is.

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Obviously I am commercial, but that wouldn't be my motive. I have these active (well powered would be the right term) Cubix Pro going together over the next couple of months, and they are far too big and heavy to Beta test so for me it would be perfect for getting lots of opinions. I wouldn't bring any other amps.

It would be Cubix Pro, TCS with built in TAS, LS7, SSC(too long for SSP), Pioneer PL71 / Ortophon SPU Gold, Sony X-777ES cd player.

The thing to watch out for is Marco may want to ban mentioning it at AoS if I show / attend, so no worries if the prick does this, I will pull out.
I would like to hear the Cubix pro as they look like a very interesting design and nothing like anything else commercially available. Don't they have NVA amps built in, though? Agree the ban on you and NVA at AoS might be an issue but I'm sure Marco will be reasonable about it as this will just be an enthusiasts' bake off and not in any way an NVA event.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Well distance & the fact i will probably be offshore excludes me.
But i hope its a sucsess (Good day out regardless) Macca.
Look forward to the finding's and perhaps a few photo's.
:clap: :dance:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yes they have TSS circuits built in with external power supplies. So no need for external amps, just pre-amp / phono stage.

Jammy it wont be until the summer.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Jammy it wont be until the summer. (Doc)

Should be just enough time for you to get yer Cubix Pro's ready then..... :teasing-neener: :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Sigh! probably, knowing my case maker. They still haven't finalised the price of the case.