Home visit offer

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Andrew
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Home visit offer

Unread post by Andrew »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I think it is great exercise Lindsay has got into. They had similar on AoS a years or two ago. I think they called it "cheap as chips" and I think at least one of the systems was shown at Scalford.

There are so many unrecognised bargains at ebay as long as you don't look for the ones already recognised to be good. It is easy to discover all by yourself by trying and it is interesting part of the hobby.

It is pretty easy to get a half way decent system, and some times you can even approach excellence. But it is always that last bit or musical pleasure or information that costs the most to achieve.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yep, the "discoveries" are ten times more rewarding than the purchases of FOTM stuff. We should share them more often.

The Permed One

Unread post by The Permed One »

o/p sounds all great but the Permed ones idea of a complete nightmare would be sat listerning to a CD based system regardless of what it cost.

:dance:

The nightmare continues having to listern to an audio freaks crap.

:naughty:

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Och cds are ok permo, like lps, singles, casette, reel to reel, 8 track etc etc ......theyre real / tangable i can hold it in my hand, it gives me perverse pleasure in the ritual of digging out real formats dusting em off n playing em....I cant physically grip a file (unless metal munching or doing me nails).... ;) :guiness;

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

The Permed One, I largely agree with what you say about CD.

But the cheapest vinyl source that I own that sounds any good cost me £2250. And it weighs 70kgs, making it a pain to move about.

jammy395

Should have bought a 1210 with a 1042 fitted Lindsay. ;) :guiness;

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

If I could find one plus decent phono amplification for £50 I'd buy one and add it to my cheapo bake-off system.

jammy395

Lindsayt wrote:If I could find one plus decent phono amplification for £50 I'd buy one and add it to my cheapo bake-off system.
Its the David of the Biblical Hifi World, a real giant slayer - SME's n EMT's quiver when David hits the temple....... :shifty: :pray: :mrgreen: