PEBO (aka Pelaw Bake Off aka mini NEBO 5.1)

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: PEBO (aka Pelaw Bake Off aka mini NEBO 5.1)

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

He is all talk and no mustard, just custard, though Glaswegian custard which is a bit lumpier. :mrgreen:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Anyway leave the idiot out of this, he didn't attend so he is off topic, lets talk about the meet-up.

How many attended in the end, what was the consensus of the best music played. Will PEBO become a regular sub event of NEBO, like a NEBO prep.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Brit - "Posted here first as I know Richard will be particularly keen to know how the A40s and LS5 performed on the night"

Not really, obviously I have interest, but really I am more interested in the event. For me the NVA question only comes into it because none of the visitors were ours all were AoS-er apart from you and Prog who we share. So the reaction at AoS of the members who have been blocked to NVA information and opinion by Marco's neg vibes and libel in the past is the most interesting aspect.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Anyway leave the idiot out of this, he didn't attend so he is off topic, lets talk about the meet-up.

How many attended in the end, what was the consensus of the best music played. Will PEBO become a regular sub event of NEBO, like a NEBO prep.
How's about a HOBO.....?
( Highland Organised Bake Off )
A 6 pack, Midge Spray & keen sense of Adventure are prerequisite.
HOBO.........jpg
HOBO.........jpg (31.88 KiB) Viewed 4174 times
:mrgreen: :guiness;

Progmeister
Great Britain

Unread post by Progmeister »

Good morning to the informed cognoscenti.

Pebo was indeed a very pleasant evening and a huge thanks to BP for organizing it. Despite the emphasis on which forum people choose to project their views and troll, all those present where of the usual nature at such events and made for a very interesting evening. In fairness to Marco which won't be appreciated here, i don't think NVA equipment is off limits. I believe it is the mentioning of the proprietor due to their personal conflict that is. I recently posted my view of the NVA Phono 2 over there and no action was taken. I was really sad that our Scottish colleagues couldn't get there and i am pleased that they all got home safely after what must have been a very frustrating and expensive day for them all.
To business... We mixed it up good and proper all evening especially when we knew that the above gentlemen weren't attending which in my view gave us the opportunity to make the best of the time we had with the equipment in the room mainly due to the regulars wanting their room back at 11 o'clockish. I was totally gutted that i couldn't hang around for the Radford being played but tiredness got the better of me. For me personally Gordon's Benchmark DAC1 via Alan's (Mad Moon) MF Cd player used as a transport was the sound of the night. Both Gordon's Jeff Beck live at Ronnie Scott's and Mik Rik's Devin Townsend Unplugged CD's just sounded totally credible and "in the room". Interestingly the DAC 1 was used as a pre-amp feeding BP's NVA A40 power amps. A very rare occasion indeed that i enjoy listening to digital media with such relish. I thought Peter Gabriel and the new blood orchestra via BP's laptop and cheap as chips DAC streaming flac was pretty darn good too.
revisiting 10CC's Bloody Tourists album on vinyl played through BP's 1210 et al made me smile and had me wondering just what the hell happened to my copy. I enjoyed listening to Genesis "Suppers Ready" too. That saw a few of the locals off ha ha. I doth my cap to Mr BP for staging a great evening and being kind enough to feed us all. I now have my work cut out for NEBO 6. :think:

The man himself.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Brit - "Posted here first as I know Richard will be particularly keen to know how the A40s and LS5 performed on the night"

Not really, obviously I have interest, but really I am more interested in the event. For me the NVA question only comes into it because none of the visitors were ours all were AoS-er apart from you and Prog who we share. So the reaction at AoS of the members who have been blocked to NVA information and opinion by Marco's neg vibes and libel in the past is the most interesting aspect.
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Proggy, obviously I didn't make it clear, it is the in the past libel campaigns I refer to. Though within the last 6 months we have had the anti nva BMU campaign in conjunction with Pinky who was egged on by Marco. Things started to change when Macca was put on the team, and on the surface a different attitude prevails and I hope it continues, but underneath I and many others here still think he is looking for opportunities as he still does with Dave Cawley. I wish Macca could stop that one as well.

So people (members) were subject to it and the man holds influence over most of the forum members, to the extent that until Macca, you and Brit no NVA user (and there were some as members there) were willing to talk about them for fear of the outcome, some cable talk was all there was. Note that DSJR has been effectively shut up, just compare his posts here to his posts there. Anyway, yes, I go on about it, because if I don't then libel and injustice just goes on uncommented on, sorry but I will continue to do it until the smell of it is removed from the forums.

What I am pleased about is that NVA now gets exposed for AoS members to hear and he can't stop it, so people can see if their prejudices are upheld or not. I am afraid you will have to put up with me Proggy, I have had 5 years of this bloody nonsense and it only now is showing signs of changing. Just say what you think and be honest that is all I want from anyone.

Regarding taking the piss, have you noticed we don't and never have taken the piss out of you. We are terrible so if we thought you deserved it we would have, but you don't. The bigger the idiot or the ego and the more EOTW will comment and enjoy. Call it our playpen :mrgreen:

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

Thanks for those kind words Steve.... Just a few other things to add in response to the some of the questions here.

This was a one off night. The idea came about for a smaller lower key get together when I met with one of the NEBOs big supporters Qwin earlier this year. Both he and I had made some big changes to our systems and with the NEBO still some way off we thought a local evening rather than an all dayer would be nice as much as a social thing as well as a 'pre match friendly' for the NEBO. As it transpired a few of the NEBO regulars couldn't make this due to a wedding, work commitments and a blues festival all clashing. Oh well nevermind.

The NEBO is a much bigger (and better) day than this not least for the fact we have at least a half dozen systems there and with it being a full dayer it makes the journey worthwhile for people who want to travel. Of course this takes much more organising by Steve than me just getting a local club for the evening but this shows that there must be plenty of places around the country where people can have get togethers rather than big scalford style shows. Working mens clubs etc are actually ideal for this as they are happy for the extra custom at the bar and rooms can be had at zero cost. This meant the only expense I had ordering some pizzas in from the takeaway around the corner and I bought a couple of cheap extension leads so we had enough plugs.

In terms of the kit I believe all enjoyed hearing the amps and they performed brilliantly on the night. A couple of people thought they cost mega high end money and a few eyebrows were raised when I said what they actually cost.... Unbeatable quality of sound for the money.

As for the forum politics you'll all have realised by now I won't discuss AoS here or vice versa and that ensures I can enjoy being a positive contributor to both of the forums in which I find different things to enjoy. As for how this affects meet ups I'd say that's down to the individuals, all that an organiser can do is put out an open invitation and then people can decide if its for them or not.

On the whole the banter at every event like this I've been too has always been good, light pisstaking and helpful with people being keen to offer up their kit to various system configurations. Sometimes it sounds awful, other times making for surprising combinations.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

jammy395 wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Anyway leave the idiot out of this, he didn't attend so he is off topic, lets talk about the meet-up.

How's about a HOBO.....?
( Highland Organised Bake Off )
A 6 pack, Midge Spray & keen sense of Adventure are prerequisite.
HOBO.........jpg
:mrgreen: :guiness;
A couple of Grouse and a Sheep is most likely.

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

Hold it at Cowdenbeath FC on a Saturday when the season is on there is a chance a few attendees might get a game...

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Comment's noted - Yer now both on my Ignore list.

:twisted: :mrgreen: