Kaz's Grand Speaker Festival

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Kaz's Grand Speaker Festival

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am jumping the gun but Kaz is so laid back he will not get on to promote it. Some time in spring, in Herne Bay - Kent, will be the speaker bake-off of the decade :mrgreen:

Many variations on the theme will be available to listen to plus others you wish to bring along to compare. Featuring stock NVA Cubes, old rebuilt mk1 NVA Cubes, Cubettes, rebuilt Allison Cubes, various Doc Mods, and the undoubted star of the show will be the attendance of Paul Messenger bringing his in room speaker test gear as used in the Hi-Fi Choice blind speaker tests to see if we can see how and why what we hear happens.

Arrange car shares with other members. Spaces will be to a degree limited, so register your interest in this thread.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kaz's Grand Speaker Festival

Unread post by jammy395 »

Distance doesn't permit, but it sounds ike a hoot. :guiness;

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Its only 600 miles Jammy, a wee jaunt :mrgreen:

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Well it's not far from me so count me in! :dance:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

kazam

Unread post by kazam »

Great stuff Zebbo, perhaps you'd consider bringing your current Cube 1s along?

In addition to what the Doc has mentioned, Royd will be fairly represented (Abbot, Minstrel and Eden), as will ARC (050, 101, 202) in both active and passive guises.

I'd also like to see if we can get a little DIY competition going. Maximum budget £100 to include donor cost and all additional modification parts.

You've got some time to put your efforts together, as this will likely be taking place in May. Please confirm interest in attending by posting in this thread as space will unfortunately be limited. Please also keep us posted on any DIY entries by creating separate posts in the relevant section here. I picked up a pair of BIN 99p specials that you will hear more of shortly..

Doc has titled this thread rather grandly, but I am confident that this will be a unique event, unlike what has gone before. P!ease do watch this space..

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

I could very well be interested, never heard the cubes and would like to know what all the fuss is about.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I can certainly bring my Cubes along, no problem at all, but the opening post said you'd already got stock Cubes. :grin:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I will know nearer the time if I can bring Cube1, probably not.

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

Sound like fun, will there be Candy Floss a chips, :mrgreen:
Can we have photos please I can't make it but would love to see pics. THANKS
It can be done so imagine it.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I will know nearer the time if I can bring Cube1, probably not.
It's not a problem Doc, it's not much hassle to bring mine.