AVI vs...? bake off anyone?

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: AVI vs...? bake off anyone?

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It is proving to be pretty pointless being at WTF and trying to post. There seems to be no moderators, no moderation and no rules. I am just being insulted and what I say is being twisted. Well I can duel with the best of them but in this case they want it so they are not going to get it, we will just let them be seen for what they are.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I have the feeling Vector is Marco :think:

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Could be Marco. Could be JCBrum. Could be someone else. Doesn't really matter. All we can do is judge Vector by what he says under that username on the What Hi-fi forum.

At the moment I intend to say no more on that WHF thread and leave it to slip off the first page and into oblivion.

Instead of accusing Vector of being Marco, my personal style would have been to ask him if he has ever posted on any hi-fi forums under a different user-name, and if so, what username and which forums. All in the interests in being honest and open.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Well overall, judging by members response at HFS, AVI, and WHF.
I would say that Darius's fake review of NVA has been well sussed out for the
total gobbledygook :bulls1: it is.
Instead of harming NVA, Darius instead, has made a complete fool of himself and lost all credibility.

Nice one D. :mrgreen: Just remember.......
MjAxMi1mOTQ4NWQ0MzJlZDIwNWNj.png
MjAxMi1mOTQ4NWQ0MzJlZDIwNWNj.png (26.18 KiB) Viewed 4670 times
:guiness;

antonio66
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

Having looked at WHF I think Jammy's right in the fact members on there have sussed this bulls--t with the review being so wide of the mark.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Having originally defended an individual's right to express an opinion without personal attack (which I stand by), I have also noted Darius' petulant behaviour since. Here's the copy of what I've just posted on the WHF forum

Is the OP's motivation for posting his 'review' purely a reaction to some criticism he received on the HFS forum? On the HFS forum, I defended Darius' right to express an opinion without personal attack, but I cannot agree with the methodology or content of his review, and I strongly take issue with his behaviour now.

It appears that he has heard the NVA Cube speakers on one occasion, for a brief period of time, and has decided that a serious and radical design...from a man with over 40 years experience, a devoted following of audiophile customers, and a string of highly regarded products to his name...is the sonic equivalent of a 'Panasonic Boombox'. If that's not a spiteful and disrespectful agenda, then I don't know what is.

When Mr Dunn first saw the review on the HFS forum, he said words to the effect of "fine, all reviews welcome, good, bad or indifferent". Indeed, Darius' review is displayed on the HFS Reviews thread without censorship or comment. As a prospective customer, that is exactly the confidence in his product, and professionalism, that I would want to see. Mr Dunn did not seek to bring this issue to this or any other forum, and he has only questioned Darius' agenda since Darius decided to post negative reviews of NVA and HFS on any forum that would have him. Mr Dunn has defended himself, the HFS forum, and his products. What else would you reasonably expect?

Darius has since posted personal abuse towards Mr Dunn on repeated occasions on this and other forums. I think this is the most telling fact about his judgement. You need not be put off NVA by such petulance.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

The man is a complete prat.
He dismissed my comments about driver dustcap ring dampers of either the glue or black-tack variety as bullshit, despite the fact that both myself and the Doc (who goes a bit further by doping cones and is, along with Mr Allison, probably one of the originators) have proved conclusively that it works. Nasal my arse! Uncontrolled bass, yeah right! He hasn't a bloody clue and does not deserve a second more of anyone's attention.

Jammy's fukwit description is pretty mild under the circumstances.
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The Allison contribution is the room matching, he didn't dope cones. Wall coupling techniques pioneered when he was at Acoustic Research with the LST and MST, followed by the 10pi. Cone doping in this way you describe is entirely me!! but I am sure others have found and tried it in the past, but I followed no one in this.

If people studied Allisons AES papers and understood his products it would be seen that an upward driver was one solution used in bookshelfs or stand mounts speakers. Large speaker and floor mounts used a bass driver very close to the bottom of the cabinet using the floor to couple to as opposed to the back wall. he also used wedge shaped speakers for corner and a reversed design for flat walls to add wall coupling, he was a clever man. It is just I have no interest in building in complication like that, my way to big speakers is combining the upward firing wall coupling with so called isobaric techniques.

NVA is NVA but we all sit to degree on others shoulders.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

savvypaul, that was a very well written and very well reasoned post.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Lindsayt wrote:savvypaul, that was a very well written and very well reasoned post.
I have since been accused of 'being Mr Dunn'...sounds like the title for a film :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/