NVA bake-off

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Neilwootton
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NVA bake-off

Unread post by Neilwootton »

Set up the AP50 with 2 temporary feet, very impressed, I now understand the comments "the further up the NVA ladder you go you simply get more"
More dynamics, headroom, bass and attack. Will let it warm for a few days and report back.

George Hincapie

Unread post by George Hincapie »

Neilwootton wrote:Well, quick opinion on the cubes, after a good clean and polish :twisted: I have set them up using forum advice and it took me about 10 minutes to dial them in. The best way to describe it is they "snapped into place". Different presentation than the norm in the fact they portray a musical performance and fill the room rather than firing at you. Much as a live set would. Using ls1, Graham Slee phono (phono 2 has been packed, carefully away ! :twisted: ) and A20/P20 bass is tight and tuneful, vocals are superb through them and what struck me most is separation.
I speak as I find and if they were crap I'd say, I expected alot of faffing to get them right after previous comments but it was very easy.
They are very, very good indeed.
Neil,

Exactly the sort of feedback I would expect. Enjoy.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Neil wants to set it up as a bake-off so that there are other opinions, so as not to be just having one individuals opinion against another individual. Anyone close(ish) who wants to join in. Pref non NVA users but them as well.

Neilwootton

Yes, all welcome, I shall confirm a date asap.
Neil.

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

I'm in the Doncaster area so N Lincs should be reasonable. I could bring my DIY valve monoblocks, passive preamp and Lenco/Mayware/Audio Technica TT combo, depending on the date, I could be interested. Shoot me a PM when you're sorted Neil.
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Neilwootton

Sounds good Steve, be interested to hear your mono's, I was a tooby worshiper for many years until I tried NVA. I'll confirm asap.

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

ffs somebody do one down sarf! :lol:
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You bloody well do it then, and NVA'ers visit you.

If you organise it quick(ish) I can send this lot down to you, as long as it is FOR A BAKE-OFF so find some others. Advertise in on AoS and TAS :lol: :lol: :lol:

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

my flats too small for a large gathering assuming i could muster up enough people.
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

OK dokay, you could always get a room in a pub and get a few people to contribute for the cost. A bit like MiBO, you could call it the South Coast Bake-off or SCBO.