Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NVA bake-off

Unread post by Neilwootton »

The AP50 is missing 2 of its feet also. FFS :angry-screaming:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Jonty2547 wrote:So the equipment was literally just thrown in a cardboard box with no protection?
I can't imagine they were sent out like that?
Be fair - he did not say that , he said it was packed poorly . thrown in a box with no protection is packed negligently .

Neilwootton

No, I would strongly suggest the latter.

darius-lpv

Unread post by darius-lpv »

Neilwootton wrote:The AP50 is missing 2 of its feet also. FFS :angry-screaming:
when I've packed it the feet were in place.

ps. reminder for myself: take photo of everything you receive or send out.

Neilwootton

There you go, what can't speak can't lie.

darius-lpv

I told you how I packed the amp and in what condition I've handed over to courier. Feet in place, box dry and undamaged,
bubble wrap was there too.
I have no pictures to prove it and I would take them if I knew what's going to happen.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I don't believe they'd have had poly bags or anything and yes, the chips on the speaker rear corners are ancient injuries. In fairness, the amp box wouldn't be the sender's fault and although it looks cack, the crushed paper 'rails' in the box can do better than polystyrene.

Packing safely is a nightmare. I have some floor standing TDL Studio 1M's with metal plinths I'm desperate to shift, but panic as I have no means of packing them at the moment and we're too remote for house calls, which my wife doesn't want anyway :( The Krell is also on the way out this week and again, a humungous lump (even though it's the baby of its range) that weighs a ton, although my dear old pal just off the M11 is going to help with this one...

I'm lumbered with a now value-less collection of striking and chiming clocks, the less good examples gradually being donated to charity shops. When received, I had carefully packed clocks coming with smashed glass and sometimes broken bezels, where a notable one, a favourite of mine (Smiths Hamilton if anyone wants to look it up) came fully intact but was covered in a thin coat of bubble-wrap and shoved in a thin cardboard box with no clearance.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

Well Niel, you did say the box was wet and even the underside of the AP50 was damp. Are the feet in the box. Speakers and amp should have surely been inside the plastic wrapper and bubble wrapped before putting in the boxes. As for the boxes getting wet surely that must be the couriers fault, maybe left overnight in storage waiting for delivery next day.

Neilwootton

No feet in the box.

darius-lpv

I am puzzled cause I've packed it exactly same way as I've recieved it... and how come screw in feets could be lost?