MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Unread post by antonio66 »

I thought Jez would be pleased one of his phonostages was being put forward. Although I do not have much experience with different stages I will look forward to seeing how it compares with the others.

wiicrackpot
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Daniel Quinn wrote:
wiicrackpot wrote:Checking the AT thread, it's shaping up to be an epic meet, hope someone brings a camera. 8-)
Now now . ;)
Surely not asking too much, the group of broad shouldered straight up chaps from AT and here would be happy to oblige i think,besides would be really nice to see Dave's new kit filled shop, i know, i should get out more. :grin:
Frank...made me do it.

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Unread post by TheMadMick »

Afraid I can't be there. Are we going to get a report back?
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

http://theartofsound.net/forum/search.p ... id=2128776 (remember you have to copy and paste as we are blocked to link to AoS)

This is proof that Firebottle has lost his bottle, no mention of this event, which is basically trying to stop any acknowledgement at AoS that it exists. AND it is also worth noting no mention or feedback for his attempted spamming session at Audio-Talk Owston event. WHY? because his phono stages ended up as OK :twisted: ;) he couldn't cope with that.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Can't make that link work Doc.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Slinger - We are almost certainly being fecked with again.

It was a page showing Fireybums posts for the past week or more. No mention of Owston apart from bragging he was going, and of course no mention of him being invited to the bake-off, and then being rude about it at Audio Talk.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I am going, but I am having severe reservation as to where this is being held. Daft as it sounds I feel almost dirty that we are doing it at MCRU. I am certain that some aspects of being there are going to wind me up. PLUS the main motivation for me of getting a comparison with Fireybum and at least putting some reality on his AoS spamming one way or another has been avoided yet again. He has done it again daft excuses to get out of some honesty from the man for a change.

I wont give up at some point the man will have to face reality, i will pursue him 'till he does.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I think you will have to see MCRU as a jekyl and hide character . Not everything he does is bad . He would appear to a decent bloke , who as genuine love of hifi and as helped those with good products {eg Nick and dom of NWA } and he seems to be promoting get togethers that are fun rather than commercial . Alas he as an amoral selling policy.

He seems to have a fairly good handle on what is good sounding and as such I cant really accept that he believes that some of things he sells are not rip-offs and have minimal efficacy for the price or indeed at all. One wonders if he could make a living by selling things at none rip-off prices that he truly believes are good .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

This Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club is a scam to introduce people to new products he sells. He is looking at all the advantages he can scam out of the forums to try and do business, just the same as Fireybum is trying from a non retail perspective.

We have Wigwam, we have this, we have the blossoming of commercial blogs, we have the £50 forum owner bribes. In the face of that all I can do is stick to principles and hope that quality and the massive price advantage of unscammed direct sell products shows though.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Will anyone from here be there? Greg made an arse of himself over the Docs absence and got the red card.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc