liverpool phono stage meet up??

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Zoidburg
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

liverpool phono stage meet up??

Unread post by Zoidburg »

Afternoon all,

I'm zoidburg / Ben - ive been a member on your fine forum for a little while now but my post count here is minimal ( il try to rectify this hopefully) . Im also on other forums under the same name so u may have seen me about. Anyway for now I'm just looking at a new phono stage and obviously the recent bake offs suggest that I at least listen to an NVA unit.

Is anyone local to Liverpool that I could trouble for a listen maybe? I'm happy to travel but also very keen to hear one in my own system if anyone is local.

I'm aware of the 30 day return policy but was hoping for an initial listen before laying out any funds really, and of course meeting some fellow enthusiasts along the way too.

Cheers

Ben

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: liverpool phono stage meet up??

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It is a bit much to ask people to bring it to you, but if you want to listen there are loads about in the North. Is Halifax too far, if not my fellow admin Terry Booth is usually willing to let people come around and listen.

There is also a Bake-off in Huddersfield this Sunday at MCRU shop, but the only nva phono stage going is a mm Phono1.

Zoidburg
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Zoidburg »

I was hoping for something a bit nearer ideally, fingers crossed someone will help me out.......I'm more than happy to drive but Halifax is pushing it a bit for me at the mo.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Hi Zoidburg,

One significant benefit, ime, to compensate for the idea of shelling out up front, is that if you decide the NVA is for you then you obviously keep the unit that you have been listening to.

I had s Schiit Bifrost dac loan unit and loved it. Ordered a new one...and it never sounded as good as the loan unit. Sold it after a year.

Happy listening!
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/