NVA TSS

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: NVA TSS

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Soldering properly is an art. Similar to plastering. You can be shown the techniques but it then takes practise to do it well. If I knew I was going to be doing a lot of soldering where the quality was critical, I'd be practising on a lot of cheap parts from Maplins first.

wallace
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wallace »

I learnt to solder using velleman electronic kits.The first three i made didn't work at all ,i probably fried something by keeping the heat on too long.When the kitchen timer i made worked i was amazed.I have just made a three channel cmoy headphone amp kit and it sounds superb,the hardest part was fitting it into a little tin.It is a knack,but not to hard to learn,as long as you are not too cack handed. :lol:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well now we can see how much Jason and Alan Brown know, or are we just getting *yet* another pack of lies.

**************************************************************************************************

schwantz34 10:43AM
i have just checked the trafos on my tss , they're 250 va (all four)

**************************************************************************************************

An A80 has 2 x 160va. So I would highly recommend no one accepts the lying bullshit that comes from their keyboards until they check with me first.

EDIT sorry me being daft now A80 has 160va on output 120va on input.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

:doh: Just who are they trying to kid and why :?:

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I'm lost! :shock: I thought Jason was here, one of the good guys! What happened? I obviously need to read more of the other threads!!! :oops: :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

My A80's have 2 160va and 2 300va transformers, and it sounds lovely. 8-)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Sovereign wrote:My A80's have 2 160va and 2 300va transformers, and it sounds lovely. 8-)
They can't have there is no room for a 300va, unless that is you find an early metal one, but my memory says they were too small as well.

Though I must admit I have messed around and built a couple of specials, and then forget who got them. But still sure there is not enough room for 300va.

EDIT:- the last mk1 A80s going backa few years have 160va on output 120va on input, sorry my goof. The new mk2 A80's are the same.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Sovereign wrote:My A80's have 2 160va and 2 300va transformers, and it sounds lovely. 8-)
They can't have there is no room for a 300va, unless that is you find an early metal one, but my memory says they were too small as well.

Though I must admit I have messed around and built a couple of specials, and then forget who got them. But still sure there is not enough room for 300va.
Mmmmm :doh: :laughing-rolling:

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

Thats what the labels on the sides of the trannies say