Impulse H2

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Impulse H2

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Marketing something 'different?'
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

southall-1998 wrote:Another speaker I'd love to hear are one of those Redheko ones. Rare as hens teeth!!

S.
Like having teeth drilled while high on Cocaine :shock:

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
southall-1998 wrote:Another speaker I'd love to hear are one of those Redheko ones. Rare as hens teeth!!

S.
Like having teeth drilled while high on Cocaine :shock:
far out man!!

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Andrew
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Andrew »

I've had a few Impulses but never managed H2s at home. I was tempted to buy my friend's H2s a few years ago but they were just far too much for his room and wouldn't have been much better in mine.

I've always liked Impulses although I have found the earlier models to be sonically better if not anywhere near as pretty. Opinions differ but I liked them most with valves.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Cocaine is of course a pain killer . If one was to consume a large quantity or as is often seem portrayed in the movies ,rubbing in the gums [ quickest way to blood supply if not snorting ] then having your teeth drilled would be a fairly painless process . :grin:

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Jimmy used his with DNM amps and oodles of DNM interconnect and speaker cable (remote amp and metres of their interconnect). This was before Peter Belt got into his psyche. They could sound very good indeed in his odd room and on a hugely wide selection of music styles - he had 10,000LP's at least and several thousand CD's when I last visited twenty or so years ago.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The guy was / is a *nice* "fruit cake" :roll:

He was so enthusiastic and friendly it was impossible to do a Dr Bunsen Honeydew on him, it would be like kicking a friendly puppy :mrgreen:

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Jimmy Who ? Hughes...!!! :think:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yep Jammy Huge.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

If I remember correctly JH turned his H2 round so the drivers faced the wall. I think this coincided with his Belt phase. Before the H2 he had Arcam 2+ which I bought partly on his enthusiasm - very good speakers. The Belt thing rather damaged his credibility in the end. I remember Hi-Fi Answers or later Audiophile mag giving away free Belt sticky bits - didn't do anything to the sound. DNM used to get a lot of recommendations in those days but the brand appears to have gone underground. It also got stupidly expensive to buy. BTW I rather liked the old Impulse speakers I heard usually matched with warm valves such as Quad II they sounded better than other horn loaded hi sensitivity designs.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)