JBL speakers

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JBL speakers

Unread post by jammy395 »

Very understated, would blend in well, missus would hardly notice em....... :lol: :guiness;

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

After my disastrous weeks trying to make a supposed favourite work here (too low and too close to the wall), the old Spendors are back and Alfafan and I have been reminiscing about smaller JBL's than the studio models shown above. L200's were a favourite of mine and would make a wonderful upgrade for Marco methinks, and the L300's are positively evil for UK rooms, but there are a host of late 70's to mid 80's smaller models, many of which were reportedly really seriously good having lost the squawk and screech of earlier classics like the L100 and its pro siblings.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Oldius is flogging a nice pair of JBLs over at Mordor, for anyone interested ...More room friendly :mrgreen: :guiness;

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

I have no money and if the car continues to play up like it did this morning, there'll be a heap of money having to go its way. My fault entirely, but in thirteen years of ownership, I've NEVER had to top up the coolant water, ever! - so barely ever checked - cough... The last couple of weeks, the heater packed up, the engine cooling fan was coming on more (I put it down to the warmer weather) and the engine was warming up more quickly than the old Endura diesel usually does. Twonky here ignored these signs and set off to NVA towers this morning. Two miles (phew) out of town the engine lost some power and I suddenly noticed the temp gauge was hard over in the red zone, where it's never been before. I was able to slowly limp home (the gauge came down a little) and arrived here to find the engine starved of water-coolant. Currently no idea if there's a slight leak, but never a drop of anything on the ground, nor steam or any other tell-tale sign, so I'm sincerely hoping it's neglect and not a major fault in the waiting.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

Hope its not too serious Dave, nothing worse than having no transport when your used to it as I well know now.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

Lets hope it's something cheap,like a sticky thermostat,Dave.I will say a prayer for your head gasket... :pray: :pray:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The traditional style JBLs (not the commercial crap) is one of the few makes I would not touch or mod in any way.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

At their very best, JBL's made ALL music so interesting and later on, before they went all dinky, colouration was much reduced, showing what those excellent drivers could do. One day, when the others have gone to speaker heaven, those old JBL's will still be running after a refoam or two ;)

The car is lack of coolant. Went for an urgent food shop this afternoon and the temp gauge barely got over minimum as it was a short journey. I'll have to keep checking levels 'just in case.'

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331976663472
Ugly as sin, but there's a nice set of drivers in these speakers.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Urei-809-Prof ... 2336682368
Urei 809's at a not too disastrously high price