P50 Carbonfibre finish...

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: P50 Carbonfibre finish...

Unread post by Lindsayt »

I paid more than 50% of the current retail price for the P50SA. That's a higher proportion (adjusted for inflation) than what I normally pay for 2nd hand gear.
But then this item was a lot newer than most of the stuff I've bought.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

There is a problem of understanding about nva pricing. It is treated the same as retailed goods which it shouldn't be, but I really don't mind people getting bargains unless they are like that Bev TSS.

Best example I can give is a product you buy from a hi-fi shop goes down about 30% as soon as you leave the shop as that is about its real value anyway the rest or more is dealer slurp. Even with only a few months usage it goes down to about 50% of the original cost. To follow reality NVA should only go down with the second drop as there is no dealer slurp to account for. I price trade ins 30 to 50% down on bought price depending on age and condition as I have to be realistic as to market expectations or they don't sell.

Also there is not that much nva on ebay relative to how much is out there being used, customers are mostly loyal to the brand. You also have to take into account the number of people who are trying to damage nva on the forums and in the retailers and the lack of magazine promotion.

jayman67
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jayman67 »

well ive started with some nva speaker cable,i was told it was very good and should try it over my existing cable.
i did and it was much better,no flannel,im saving up currently for a phono stage,if its as bigger jump as the speaker cable i will be very happy. :guiness;
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I am still jealous of that TT, I haven't seen another one like it, I think it is pretty unique in the UK or even Europe. It is the same time as the PL71 and the drive looks like the PL71 one with extra steroids. The ability to change arms is good to.

jayman67

well when i buy the phono stage perhaps i could collect and bring it with me,you can have a gander.
yes i do like the ease of tonearm board,i really must paint the new one i made,underneath the board the open space is quite large,when you tap the board its very resonant,i dont know if thats a god or bad thing??
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I would do a 10mm black acrylic arm board.

jayman67

hmm interesting,although it would have to be thicker as it sits in a recess,say 20mm.it would save on painting too!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

20mm would be even better. I can give you contact for someone who will make it. They do my cases.

jayman67

yeah its a bit of a pain to work with,i made one for my AR turntable a while back and also one from ebony,the ebony one worked best for that turntable (sprung).
if you can give me his/her details that would be good,ta. :guiness;

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Anglia Plastics - Address: 13 Albone Way, Biggleswade SG18 8BN
Phone: 01767 310327

Ask for Jack, tell him I sent you and said he would give you a good price :lol:

They will do lids for anyone who needs one. They make the after market SRM ones.