Tower of Power

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
selby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tower of Power

Unread post by selby »

As a marketing man, the problem for me is these individuals give marketing and all people in the profession a bad name. The issue happens when marketing takes over from the product/service itself. In some cases this happens because the product/service isn't very good but it's a nightmare when the product is great and then marketing ruin the true nature of the product.

Marketing should be a piece of the puzzle that simply delivers the story of the product/service in a nice, clear and consistent way to the audience. The problem happens when marketing take over and then just creates a whirlwind of bullsh*t. Tellurium Q is a classic case of Mr marketing thinking he knows best, for a short period he'll believe he's right. Sales will continue, he'll get more of the pie but eventually customers will want more, and what they respect is knowledge. So once they realise there is no 'real' innovation or knowledge in the company they will look elsewhere. It's why NVA continues to be popular, people respect the knowledge and the product.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

So you agree marketing men are a waste of living space on this planets, a waste of oxygen and food, a completely unnecessary distortion imposed on reality, liars as they know no better, fantasists, slurping middlemen, nearly as bad and waste of space as accountants :x :lol:

selby

Unread post by selby »

Well I'm not quite that bad! :lol:
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

My Business

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It only went for £510 :shock: , someone got themselves a bargain.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:It only went for £510 :shock: , someone got themselves a bargain.
Just what i was thinking,thought they would make £800 at least...So who got them,eh??
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

MarkWoody

Unread post by MarkWoody »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:It only went for £510 :shock: , someone got themselves a bargain.
£520 actually, but the point stands! Anyone from here pick them up?

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

I had the same trouble with Tony Relph when Magnum was owned by him and I, all based on amps I did for Tom Fletcher of Dais TT fame.
After a the Ramda show Relph locked me out from his home and the workshop in the huge garden he had, I had to take him to court and I won, he was forced to buy my shares at the true market value.
The designed never grew and he is now gone , but nowadays with the internet and forums and FC people can be told how the marketing men can steal and cheat but the law as to be paid for and when you are broke because of them what the f--k can you do.
It must be stopped the mental hell I have been through and I am still going through is very very wrong, they should ask them selve would they like it??
It can be done so imagine it.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Bloody hell !! Being an honest man I find it absolutely incredulous that people can do this sort of stuff. Ripping off some unsuspecting stranger is one thing but someone you've worked alongside, and/or are friends with is just unbelievable. :angry-fire:
If I didn't have the money to use the law I think I would get my money's worth some other way. :teasing-nutkick:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

selby

Unread post by selby »

What I don't get with these people is they are shooting themselves in the foot, such short sightedness.

TQ will now not evolve/improve they will just repackage the same stuff which will work for a little while but eventually people get smart. It's greed. The di*khead at TQ has decided he want's 100% of everything, but thing is he'd be must better off with 35% of a successful business than 100% of a business in decline.

He's a stupid c*nt and unfortunately it's damaged Colin both financially and even worse added to health issues (stress etc). Fingers crossed Colin gets some of what he deserves as renumeration for his shares and then manages to rebuild himself and his ideas/products into a profitable little direct business.

There are good people here who can help.

My Business

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Found out who bought it, he has just joined the forum.