Another speaker project

A place for DIY project discussions.
floydfan

Re: Another speaker project

Unread post by floydfan »

I never look in on AoS now as I found that some of the comments got me riled up. I know there are good people on the site and I would probably learn a lot if I persevered but I always found myself following a thread which stressed me out and I can do without that.
I follow the comments on this site as a lot of the contributors have NVA equipment and I can learn and be entertained by the comments. I have chosen NVA amps as I like the sound and a lot on this site are like me in that.
I will therefore not be influenced by comments on AoS as I don't read any.
Speakers are a problem as you probably have to hear them to know if you really want to live with them and this could mean spending loads of cash. I don't have loads of cash so I try to get the opinions of people who are using the same amps or even better the opinion of the person who designed and builds the amps.
I have looked at the Dynaco speakers, as suggested by Andrew, and there were none on ebay uk and those in the USA are going for 3 to 400 dollars.
I will also look out for JPW s when I get the time.

Andrew
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Andrew »

I'll keep an eye out for any Dynacos I see around and drop you a message if I spot a bargain. If you are ever down Newcastle way, you're welcome to listen to mine, plus whatever I have littering the house at the time :D

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

floydfan wrote:I never look in on AoS now as I found that some of the comments got me riled up. I know there are good people on the site and I would probably learn a lot if I persevered but I always found myself following a thread which stressed me out and I can do without that.
I follow the comments on this site as a lot of the contributors have NVA equipment and I can learn and be entertained by the comments. I have chosen NVA amps as I like the sound and a lot on this site are like me in that.
I will therefore not be influenced by comments on AoS as I don't read any.
Speakers are a problem as you probably have to hear them to know if you really want to live with them and this could mean spending loads of cash. I don't have loads of cash so I try to get the opinions of people who are using the same amps or even better the opinion of the person who designed and builds the amps.
I have looked at the Dynaco speakers, as suggested by Andrew, and there were none on ebay uk and those in the USA are going for 3 to 400 dollars.
I will also look out for JPW s when I get the time.
Stupidly I mixed you up with ledzep, no excuse, so ignore what I said, but if ledzep is watching :mrgreen:

Pigsy
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Pigsy »

very good call on the jpw's plenty of scope for mods - the original mordaunt short ms10 with blue paper cone is another beauty and can be found at jpw prices

floydfan

Unread post by floydfan »

Thanks Andrew for the offer but I am more often in Rhodes than in Newcastle but keep me in the loop for any bargains. I used to get the ferry a lot but recently have been using the ferry from Plymouth.
I will add the ms10 to my list, which is growing nicely.