JPW ML 510i

A place for DIY project discussions.
floydfan

JPW ML 510i

Unread post by floydfan »

I got a pair of these small speakers and intend to do some work on them. They sound really good as the are but will steel plate them and change capacitor etc but there small tears in the vinyl cover on a couple of the corners. Anyone have any ideas on how I can tart up the boxes enough so that the wife will look favourably on them.
Cheers

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JPW ML 510i

Unread post by jammy395 »

Cover them in Tartan Veneer (Tartan wallpaper if you cant find veneer)........Swing Low Sweet Chariot - Will never sound the same again though........ :laughing-rolling:

floydfan

My tartan is a bit too green for my décor so it's not on.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

floydfan,

Looking forward to your feedback on these JPWs after the mods !!

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Pigsy

Unread post by Pigsy »

jammy395 wrote:Cover them in Tartan Veneer (Tartan wallpaper if you cant find veneer)........Swing Low Sweet Chariot - Will never sound the same again though........ :laughing-rolling:
i'll never forget starting work as a wee lad & being sent to fetch some tartan paint, i felt such a fool :oops:

i've had good results in the past filling any big dings or dents with car body filler & spray painting the cabinets white, i dunno why but speakers a woman protests about having "in our house" turns to indifference when painted white.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Pigsy wrote:
jammy395 wrote:Cover them in Tartan Veneer (Tartan wallpaper if you cant find veneer)........Swing Low Sweet Chariot - Will never sound the same again though........ :laughing-rolling:
i'll never forget starting work as a wee lad & being sent to fetch some tartan paint, i felt such a fool :oops:

i've had good results in the past filling any big dings or dents with car body filler & spray painting the cabinets white, i dunno why but speakers a woman protests about having "in our house" turns to indifference when painted white.
Pigsy I will ponder your response - for I feel it takes some pondering - and get back to you........ :think: Wimmen & Décor. :twisted:

floydfan

Tartan paint sounds just the job, where do you get it? It will probably be next to the long stand Department.
Couldn't do with white boxes but maybe black. I did think of body filler but they are only small rips in the vinyl and I thought the filler may be difficult to level. It may work if I made the rips bigger to give more filler to level.
Judging by my attempts over the years to fill rust holes in my series of decrepit vehicles I think I may make a mess.
Tartan wallpaper may be the answer after all.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Pigsy

Unread post by Pigsy »

floydfan wrote:Tartan paint sounds just the job, where do you get it? It will probably be next to the long stand Department.
Couldn't do with white boxes but maybe black. I did think of body filler but they are only small rips in the vinyl and I thought the filler may be difficult to level. It may work if I made the rips bigger to give more filler to level.
Judging by my attempts over the years to fill rust holes in my series of decrepit vehicles I think I may make a mess.
Tartan wallpaper may be the answer after all.
thats the one, right next to the glass hammers & left handed screwdrivers :lol:

a bad quality finish might be just what the doctor [not "the doc"] ordered - apparently shabby chic is all the rage now !

Pigsy

Unread post by Pigsy »

by the way, has anyone done a google image search for JPW ML 510i ? third row down from the top ding dong ! :P warning NSFW.