JPW ML 510i

A place for DIY project discussions.
floydfan

Re: JPW ML 510i

Unread post by floydfan »

I thought I would give an update on how I am getting along with my modded speakers as I have been listening to both the Goodmans and the JPWs a lot over the last few weeks. Both speakers are much clearer and more accurate than any of the speakers I have heard(including some expensive ones) and bring out a lot of detail I had missed in my music. This is not all good as it shows up some of the poor recordings I have listened to in the past and not noticed any problems with. The Goodmans have very tuneful bass and no thump or boom and I really like the " surround sound" effect when playing a complex piece of music loudly. The JPWs are really surprising speakers and I have found myself listening to them when I feel like some really lively music they are also excellent with quiet vocal tracks. I find it difficult to describe their qualities but a little anecdote may help--- a year or so ago, on a whim, I bought a Wishbone Ash cd in a second hand shop. I played it once and thought it was boring so put it in the cupboard after loading on to my music hard drive. A few weeks ago I was trying out some tracks at random and played the Wishbone Ash; it was a revelation and I listened to the music over the next couple of days. Anyway I will be keeping both and getting rid of my Kefs and my Mission speakers

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JPW ML 510i

Unread post by jammy395 »

a year or so ago, on a whim, I bought a Wishbone Ash cd in a second hand shop. I played it once and thought it was boring so put it in the cupboard after loading on to my music hard drive. A few weeks ago I was trying out some tracks at random and played the Wishbone Ash; it was a revelation....(Floydfan)

Yep Floyd - That's the Wishbone for ya...... :dance:

Kind of Creep's up on you when least expected.... :shhh: