LACK...Of bloody intrest.

A place for DIY project discussions.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

LACK...Of bloody intrest.

Unread post by jammy395 »

Had jumped in with both feet and bought 5 IKEA LACK TABLES a few months back.....Well :twisted:
I should have fukin known for 5 Quid a pop they might not have worried Chippendale...!!!
But I did not realise the shit was bloody hollow....wtf.
Too cut (Or not) a long diy story short....no hifi rack for Jammy - Nope ive "No-Nailed" the bastards together and are now in the garage for storage.. :Bllocks:

Have bought a midi rack for my mini nva set up ......photos once it arrives..... :epop:

Shevans
Great Britain

Re: LACK...Of bloody intrest.

Unread post by Shevans »

Whatever you do... dont't cut into the top of a lack table. Not 100% hollow but honeycomb cardboard a bit like 1970's ibterior doors :grin:

No nails, thats my kind of DIY

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Worked a treat with feedback-prone or bass-issue turntables back in the 80's though ;)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

This honeycomb structure as given the lacks a bit of a reputation as a tt support and it is of course the same structure as a pt sub chassis. But that is aluminium.

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

Making Lack TT supports and racks is fine as long as you insert wood, chipboard or MDF "plugs" in the bottom of the legs after cutting them down. You can then simply stack them, use foculpods etc or fit spikes and spike shoes. Getting the legs cut to exactly the same length is more important if not using spikes or something adjustable. Cutting them all together using a chop saw will do it.

It's still a cheap and good way of housing your kit but not for everyone.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

They won't last long in the wood burner Jammy.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

Make yourself a TNT FlexyTable.Mine cost 50 quid and half that was for 3mts of stainless threaded bar.Bound to be some of that,just lying around on an oil rig. :whistle: ;)
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1