Allison Six refurb

A place for DIY project discussions.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Allison Six refurb

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I don't want to make it public so I will PM you a link.

Lazmo
Been thanked: 0
Jamaica

Unread post by Lazmo »

Thank You ! :grin:
The LARGE print giveth - and the small print taketh away.

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Really looking forward to hearing how you get on Lazmo. You are a few steps ahead if me in the process. I've got all my steel just need the glue. Should be done nnext week. I will need to wait until the new year for replacement tweeters etc. Keep us posted with this process!
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

Lazmo
Jamaica

Unread post by Lazmo »

Oh NO :doh: ! Glue i need more i have only one tube left i think thanks for the heads up there jimbob i will keep you posted i cant wait to get started i have ummed and arred on this for sometime now and i finally decided i was going to do it a few weeks ago when Kaz's thread popped up and i thought perfect timing that gave me the shove i needed to start this project i will of course keep you informed and hopefully i can get some pic's on here also :) when i work out how to do so ....Good luck with your project jimbob i think it just might turn out to be a very happy festive season all things going to plan :dance: :dance: :guiness;

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Lazmo where are you getting your tweeters from? Cheapest I can find are from glaxio.
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

Lazmo
Jamaica

Unread post by Lazmo »

I ordered mine from visaton direct via there website realised after i had paid for P+P they are not far from me in crewe cheshire i could of picked them up oh well! wouldn't usually be a concern but with xmas looming and the postal service possibly going to suffer delays it may have been quicker. :think:

kazam

Unread post by kazam »

Woofer now wired direct to terminals and they are transformed. On reflection, they were too forward before, but I do seem to like the balance now. At the same time there's a real clean punch and projection to the sound, once you've got them dialled in room positioning wise..
:guiness;

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

It is now five years ago since the very first post of the docs to me told me to wire the woofers direct and without crossover and i can still remember the foot tapping .the smile on my face and me thinking yes thats what music sounds like.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Daniel Quinn wrote:It is now five years ago since the very first post of the docs to me told me to wire the woofers direct and without crossover and i can still remember the foot tapping .the smile on my face and me thinking yes thats what music sounds like.
"Donnie Osmond's - Puppy Love"

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

:lol:
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1