A question for you techies...

A place for DIY project discussions.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: A question for you techies...

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

This is all bollocks, there is so much misunderstanding and presumptions caused by eeeeeediot comments on other forums. I have explained it so many times here. You don't even know what you need so how can you say you have to have to become what you want. There is no understanding of what is actually happening, what power is being drawn etc, apart from eeeediots and then copied by normal hi-fi enthusiasts dragged into the nonsense. It seems the advice is to add up all your transformer VA ratings and that is what is needed = complete :Bllocks: and how do you know those figures were accurate in the first place. Does anyone here understand that VA = temp rise v time, the result taken as Volt/Amps (VA) which is *supposed* to represent the current flow. So who sets how long and how much temp rise- THERE IS NO STANDARD SPECIFICATION LIKE RMS IS FOR OUTPUT STAGE POWER INTO RESISTIVE LOADS, and even that is corrupted.

How can you all possibly come to these conclusions does anyone understand what the VA rating is, and why it is given. I doubt many actually understand the design needs of transformers, and what is important, no of course not "look I have got a bigger one it must be better" that is Marco's argument on a smut subject, and both are wrong. The ignorance just frightens me.

I am continually asked about the VA of the NVA BMU, so I ask back "why do you want to know", "would you understand if I told you". My reply is it will power any hi-system ever made or ever likely to be made = THE TRUTH, and then the eeeediots start insulting me, and saying they will buy elsewhere. So reality and the truth causes lost sales, and bullshit and bollocks creates a new customer. WELL I don't want that customer, if they think they know more than me then go and build their own, and then try and sell them.

The transformer in the NVA BMU is rated by the manufacturer at 1000va, and that is the equiv of how long is a piece of string if you wet it and stretch it, and the same string dangling from your hands and curling. Over ambitious and :bulls1: specs v conservative and what I call realistic specs, and how many of you would know the difference.

Lupus-Dei
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lupus-Dei »

I was under the impression that a standard ( and only available) BMU sported an 1KV toroidal.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

A 1000v transformer - :shock: who are you trying to kill.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

All I want to know is if my mains regenerator which has a maximum power output of 1500w, (with a bit in reserve for peaks), is supplying enough power to comfortably cater for my entire system - 2 x A80 + 1 x A60 + 2 x BBPSU + turntable ??
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yes

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Thank you.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol: