NVA Cubix

All things NVA
terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: NVA Cubix

Unread post by terrybooth »

Just gone back to some stuff that I haven't listened to for a while (The Pierces, Madelaine Peyroux) and that has brought into focus what the Cubix are doing.

Basically, there's far more stuff there. (Review speak - more musical information). Whereas before (and I guess I'm comparing to the EPOSes) there was a nice song, good vocals and a sense of melody, now there is much more detail in the musical parts - singers singing with other musicians, rather than with a musical accompaniment.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

That is sooo nice when people hear what I am trying to do.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

now there is much more detail in the musical parts (Terry)

Terry, IMHO that is NVA's trump card "Detail Retreival".
Not quite sure how he pull's it off, but my current system pisses all over what went before, both valve & ss costing a damn sight more.
(Keep it simple - Less is more)...!!!

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

And the good thing is, it isn't at the expense of something else. Yes, there are those moments when I hear things that I hadn't noticed before but, unlike some products where what you are hearing is a tonal balance shift (beef up the bass a bit and you can make out the bass guitar a bit more but the cymbals recede) you don't seem to loose anything: the 'new' stuff just pops up in between all the other stuff.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

'Tis true, lots of people always go on about the complexities of Dave Brubeck's piano playing and now, suddenly, I can hear what they're talking about. :D
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Can you hear the tappy tappy on the keys of his fingers. On Mozart 23rd Piano Concerto by Mikhail Pletnev it is semi constant background percussion. Lots of other piano recording but is most obvious on this one.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well I have been reacquainted with these speakers as they have been traded in by Terry for Cubix Pro and have been sold on to Phlakaton. Hopefully he will comment but they are sounding very good to my ears. Traded out for Cube 1s, large changes in scale and size of the music in comparison.

I have his Cube 1s now for a Cube 2 or 3 owner who wants to trade up :mrgreen: