NVA Cubix

All things NVA
Ali Tait

Re: NVA Cubix

Unread post by Ali Tait »

jammy395 wrote:No,, Listen up folk's, the album ( Talk Talk - The colour of Spring ) does not suffer from any production gremlin's. (well no more than most of that era), :naughty:
It sounds sweet as a nut (haunting) when played on mine......?
Therefor I can only assume yer system's just aint grabbin it by the horns....so to speak.....!!!!
Ive never heard it sound so good, since ive assembled my NVA set up this month.....
Strange ....Discuss.
Jammy :hand:
Yes agreed, a great album and well recorded. I have a rip of the SACD and it's the best I've ever heard the album. If you like TT, try the Live At Montreaux dvd, it's great.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Getting off topic, take talking Talk Talk talk to music forum.

Ronin
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Ronin »

Ali Tait wrote:What amp did you listen to the AN's with? They are voiced for valves so may sound tiring with some SS amps.
Hi Ali Tait

It was a Audio Note Oto SE .

I also tried the Oto Push Pull and a Audio Innovations 800 Anniversary

Cheers

Ronin

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Ali Tait wrote:What amp did you listen to the AN's with? They are voiced for valves so may sound tiring with some SS amps.
Fallacy and forum bullshit. Audionote loudspeaker are direct copies of Snells apart from some better crossover components and silver wire. Snells were designed with solid state amps.

spacejay
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by spacejay »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Fallacy and forum bullshit. Audionote loudspeaker are direct copies of Snells apart from some better crossover components and silver wire. Snells were designed with solid state amps.
one of my big hifi mistakes was selling my my snell k's (for a change as much as anything). if i'd known then what i know now i would have re-foamed them and maybe upgraded the crossover components.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well I have heard of many people, especially stateside, who rate the old Snells as better than the AN versions. Some times so called better components don't make things better. I find this with my amps, I don't fall for the hype and bullshit, I use my ears. But more importantly is taking time over changes, I suppose I am just used to it having done it for so many years. I know when something is better superficially almost immediately, but I don't know how it will effect long term development or change the basis of what is good *for me* for quite awhile, and only them will I incorporate it. I had this with silver wire internally in the amp, yes brighter and superficial benefit but my tinned copper bars won out in the end, just more wholesome and satisfying.

This is why I find these absolutist "johnny come latelys" like Marco so daft, they are just *too* enthusiastic about every change - you just end up confused in la-la land.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:This is why I find these absolutist "johnny come latelys" like Marco so daft, they are just *too* enthusiastic about every change - you just end up confused in la-la land.
How very true , every little tweak il deuce does takes him closer to audio nirvana and further away from the pleb’s . There's never a retrograde step. He could probably light a candle in his room and the subsequent ambient lighting would have an amazing effect on his hifi , not reproducible by anybody else until MCRU sold it for £500.
Having initially reported on its profound life changing effects on his system, with a series of expletives and smilies , he would spend the next 3 months making up some cod-theory on why it works and arguing with anybody who disagreed . :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

:text-yeahthat:

Does "Cod-theory" make it all a bit fishy then :? :mrgreen:

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Changing things often just highlights things over other things so there is something that strikes you straight away, however, as the Doc says, it's longer term listening that tells you whether a change was really worth it or not. Unfortunately, listening to music is a subjective experience and a couple of glasses of decent malt or wine is as likely to improve the listening experience at least as much as the most expensive hi-fi component or kit. However, we can't remove the human component: after all, does a hi-fi playing with no-one listening make any sound at all?

So, I say good for Il Duce if he feels that the latest purchase make his experience of reproduced music better - it is a free world and it does no harm, but, the question is, is he really doing it for that or doing it so that he can say his is best.Whatever, I only care because of the amount of snakeoil that gets applied - 'non magnetic stainless steel' (a component of the Furutech FI-50) would surely have Scotty turning in his grave, let along 'nano ceramic and carbon particles' - what is that, dust and soot? - in the attempt to palm one person's opinions off on another - whether or not it is a part of a sales routine.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I have reached the point now where I can mostly tell if an improvement is superficial or long term in a few bars of my test music, but it has taken many many years practice for that. And lets face it I need that ability, where as with Marco it is all piss and wind and willy waving, all he needs is the cheering crowd below the balcony as he struts his stuff. :mrgreen:

Anyway, sadly as I enjoy it, we should really should get back on topic and keep our Il Duce fun for "elsewhere on the web" and let Terry tell us about his Cubix.