Holiday

All things NVA
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Holiday

Unread post by CN211276 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:31 am Well NHS 111 thinks it is not important. They refuse to let me go to a hospital without seeing my GP first for a letter, so knowing me I said sod you I am going to AE anyway, to be told they would send me away and they have registered my details so I will be blocked access to AE.

It takes about a week to get an appointment at my local doctor and a couple of months for Hospital appointment.
That is terrible. Before retiring I worked for the health department of the Welsh Government and your situation confirms that the health service in Wales is better than in England. If someone in your situation complained the Minister would write to the Chair of the Health Board (drafted by an official such as myself) requesting an explanation and assurances it would not happen in the future.

Hope you are well soon and no rush with my TIS order.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Apparently it is all down to us getting older, but the media never mention the elephants in the room - uncontrolled immigration and health tourism.

I'm bound to be called racist for mentioning this, but there you go I have!

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

Sounds like an awful situation Doc - hope that it's nothing too bad.

Recent experiences with my mum are very different to yours Doc, seems that different areas are getting very different service compared to here in Suffolk (population density/demographics perhaps?)

Mum has a history of low platelet counts so when I noticed bruising starting again, I phoned GP and was given appointment same day. Doctor referred to NHS unit for blood test Friday afternoon (same day). Seen and bloods taken within five minutes of arrival!
Ipswich hospital phoned back next day (7.30 in morning on Saturday)) as results were worrying, 111 sent higher level nurse to check mum over on Saturday afternoon. GP phoned after hours on Saturday to ask if all was well and to suggest follow up blood tests once medication had been in use for three days. Appointment booked and second set of blood samples taken yesterday, now waiting for result (all quiet so far, so assume medication is working).

Very impressed with speed and care of all concerned.
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

The situation is good with our surgery. My wife had a really bad chest infection at the start of the year not long before we were flying to Malta. She phoned the surgery and got an appointment on the day. The GP prescribed antibiotics which cleared the infection and our month away went ahead as planned. Things seem to be bad in the London area and I think inefficiency at the top is a big factor. Cardiff is the fastest growing city in the UK but the NHS seems to be on top of things.
Main System

Second System

Headphones

RIP Doc

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Alfi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:28 pm Apparently it is all down to us getting older, but the media never mention the elephants in the room - uncontrolled immigration and health tourism.

Alfi.
Funny just having the same conversation with one of the builders this morning. Yep brexit voters who don't want immigration are racist. Note the Brexiteers in the govt are dodging this issue. As far as doc is concerned check if any of the local hospitals have a minor injuries unit. That is not A and E and they will have to treat. All this nonsense is down to individual trusts. Not truly a 'national' health service is it? BTW there are no actual cuts in A&E just bad organisation and an inadequate training and recruitment policy by the govt.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Alfi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:28 pm Apparently it is all down to us getting older, but the media never mention the elephants in the room - uncontrolled immigration and health tourism.

Alfi.
Not racist, just innaccurate.

All available evidence suggests that immigration is a net contributor to the economy, including the cost of the NHS. Most immigrants are working age, and the vast bulk are aged 20-30. They pay taxes and NI but are much less likely to use the NHS.

Health tourism accounts for 0.3% of NHS costs.

The issue is that funding increases have not kept pace with growing and ageing population (and that is an issue across the whole of Europe). The decision to slow down NHS funding is a political decision, just like the decision to dramatically cut corporate tax rates since 2011.

Pointing towards "uncontrolled immigration and health tourism" as the "elephants in the room" is equivalent to complaining about a broken toenail when your kneecap has been shattered...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Hemmo1969
Ukraine

Unread post by Hemmo1969 »

savvypaul wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:55 pm

Alfi.

All available evidence suggests that immigration is a net contributor to the economy, including the cost of the NHS. Most immigrants are working age, and the vast bulk are aged 20-30. They pay taxes and NI but are much less likely to use the NHS.

The issue is that funding increases have not kept pace with growing and ageing population (and that is an issue across the whole of Europe). The decision to slow down NHS funding is a political decision, just like the decision to dramatically cut corporate tax rates since 2011.

Pointing towards "uncontrolled immigration and health tourism" as the "elephants in the room" is equivalent to complaining about a broken toenail when your kneecap has been shattered...
Alfi, Choosing to pose an opinion like you do then yes I would (at first thought) think racist......

The figures should speak for themselves... (if anyone would care to do 5 mins of research)

UK ageing population (18% being 65 and over - Office of National Statistics) is 11,880,000
UK Net migration in July 2017 was 230,000

And you still think it's the 'Elephant in the room' causing the problems with the NHS ??

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Immigrants on minimum wage pay little to no tax and are entitled to tax credits / universal benefit. Logic suggests they are a drain on public resources which they are entitled to use without paying much towards them. They benefit companies that want cheap labour not the exchequer. This is linked to drop in productivity as companies aren't concentrating on focusing on more productive workers and tighter control on staffing levels. Don't know if health tourism is significant but EU migrants having children and using the health service put a strain on resources to which they are not net contributors. Of course there are other factors such as the balls up in social care and people attending A&E for trivial reasons. Likely why Doc has been warned off. If he turns up at hospital medical profession are morally and ethically obliged to treat him. What some bureaucrat has told him is just to scare him off and won't count for much in practice.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

savvypaul wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:55 pm

There are those of us who will believe "official' figures others will not and I'm in the latter category...

Many UK nationals believed PM Heath took us in to a trade agreement in the Common Market, the deception worked didn't it and over the 40 years of our unfortunate membership the truth has finally emerged that the intention was to strip European member countries of their indentities and democracy. I'm hoping the rotten edifice that is the EU will collapse soon, the shame is the result will be very painful for all involved. It's a pity Health and his ilk didn't heed Churchill's statement on his vision for the future of Europe post WW2.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

I know as a fact that the result of the referendum raised fears about the staffing of the NHS in Wales. I would think it is the same throughout the UK.
Main System

Second System

Headphones

RIP Doc