NVA Senior TT

All things NVA
istari_knight
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NVA Senior TT

Unread post by istari_knight »

Don't see many of these around: http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index. ... ic=17144.0

In fact, thats the first one I've ever seen ! Do you ever consider manufacturing another turntable considering the recent "vinyl revival" ?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: NVA Senior TT

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Like lots of things I built them for myself because I had an idea how to make it. I knew it wouldn't be commercial because the industry back then was controlled by Linn, but to use the colloquial it pissed on a Linn. It was based on the geometry of the Manticore Mantra because Doug Hewitt had his workshop just a couple of miles away from me at that time, and we sort of became friends. Belt was Thorens same as Manticore. Platter, bearing, motor, mat, same as Manticore as my idea was purely to do with construction and suspension. Somewhere between 10 and 20 were made. This was the mk2 version, I still think the mk1 was better but more difficult to build. There is a thread about the mk1 back in the archive somewhere.

This was a mk1 and only about 5 of these were built. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPERB-RARE-N ... 1c3136c82d

The stand was part of the turntable.

No I wont make another turntable.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

When you have the time, any chance of posting some of your thoughts on the deck's concept please? I knew and loved the 'organic' sounding Mantra (perhaps a bit too much 'organism' in the sonics but who cares ;)) and rather admire cork as a platter mat - cough -

That arm looks interesting and since I abhor Lencos being cut up for alternative tonearms, I do like the idea of a 'drop in' replacement arm (or even arm-wand into the existing bearing assembly...)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Its long gone in my head (25 years ago), so I would have to re-think it through, but I have other fish to fry (i.e. more lateral thoughts) at the moment.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Its long gone in my head (25 years ago), so I would have to re-think it through, but I have other fish to fry (i.e. more lateral thoughts) at the moment.
Oh-oh, better start saving! :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I am almost tempted :mrgreen:

Daniel Quinn

Don't tell nadia :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

She would quite like to have it for history sake, but at the moment with the move coming up (builders going in this week) we need all available dosh. Though I did just buy these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231346491733? ... EBIDX%3AIT which was a bit daft but the price means I can resell for double if I want to. The Japanese love them and I would put them on an open baffle, but with the move I may just turn them around quickly.

Daniel Quinn

As you have got the builders in your new place do a messenger and stick them in the wall. :lol: