Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MY HERMES

Unread post by jammy395 »

slinger wrote:What's wrong with sandals and socks then? :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's just plain wrong, on so many levels Slinger....... :hand: :naughty: :lol:

Progmeister
Great Britain

Unread post by Progmeister »

i bought a Larry Carlton LP from an American site and it was delivered by a so called delivery company (Yodel). After a fortnight i emailed them wondering where the hell my LP was. They told me it had been placed in my brown wheelie bin. Yes you guessed it. The wheelie bin that i put out for the council to empty for me. F.....g numpties. £28 up the swannie.
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

Progmeister wrote:i bought a Larry Carlton LP from an American site and it was delivered by a so called delivery company (Yodel). After a fortnight i emailed them wondering where the hell my LP was. They told me it had been placed in my brown wheelie bin. Yes you guessed it. The wheelie bin that i put out for the council to empty for me. F.....g numpties. £28 up the swannie.
This nearly happened with a pair of boots I had delivered, fortunately it was daytime when I was putting the bins out and noticed a shoebox sized parcel in there... had I done it the night before as I often do I wouldn't have noticed it in amongst the rubbish.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

If bought with ebay and Paypal just ask for your money back, it is the senders responsibility.

Progmeister
Great Britain

Unread post by Progmeister »

Thanks for that doc, i'm on it!
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:If bought with ebay and Paypal just ask for your money back, it is the senders responsibility.
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

In support of the anti-Hermes lobby..

Received five parcels over the last two weeks.

Two broken.... Hermes.
One missing.... Hermes.
Two fine... Royal Mail.

Money back fine, but added a recommendation to the vendors not to use these clowns. Plus a complete waste of time.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Classicrock wrote:Frankly paying a pound extra for delivery would eradicate this employee exploitation and bad customer service. Trouble is people have got used to free delivery. Paying people 40p per parcel (read delivery) means they can't make money. Most vehicles would use up 40p traveling between each customer. Don't see how this works - well only because it's black market or because of working tax credit. If govt raised minimum wage and stopped subbing greedy employers with the benefits system all this exploitation would be stopped. They would have to pay realistic wages and charge a realistic price for their services. If these jobs are the reason for the drop in unemployment the economy is on a sticky wicket.
Quoting myself - since I posted this of course we have the 'living wage'. This should help except the delivery morons are self employed so the companies can still pay them F all. Glee about low unemployment on the news today but most of the extra jobs have been taken by immigrants - which says it all. Also remember productive well paid workforce would do the work with approx half the people. From my past career unincentivised and low paid workers produce about a 60 performance if applying time and motion.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Rick

Unread post by Rick »

Classicrock wrote: Glee about low unemployment on the news today but most of the extra jobs have been taken by immigrants - which says it all.
Not wanting to go completely off topic, but wonder how this can be the case when I'm constantly hearing they are all on benefits or are terrorists.
Immigration is a good thing. It just needs to be managed. I really can't understand why a more positive case hasn't been sold to the masses.

Regardless, I'll always pay a premium to use a reputable delivery company. The hassle, cost and time of sorting out an issue far outweighs the pound or two extra you may pay for a decent company.