MY HERMES

All things NVA
slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: MY HERMES

Unread post by slinger »

If I remember correctly there are a ton of people on Amazon complaining since they (Amazon) switched to using My Herpes as a courier.

In fact...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/custome ... =my+hermes
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Please note it is not just me who has problems with this My Hermes business. The problem is they are getting most of the available work because they are offering such low prices especially to big corporate customers. But at the expense of what, a traditional driver in a uniform and a van costs a lot of money, both in wages and overheads and tax and NI. Where as a fat foul mouthed East End tower block cow driving an untaxed beaten up old Astra without any commercial or business vehicle insurance, and being a self employed contractor on such a low commission that it is impossible to live unless it is done on a no tax fiddle - THAT IS THE REASON!

So should we be supporting this business model or should we refuse to allow big business shareholders to take advantage of these people and in the process foist them on us.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Frankly paying a pound extra for delivery would eradicate this employee exploitation and bad customer service. Trouble is people have got used to free delivery. Paying people 40p per parcel (read delivery) means they can't make money. Most vehicles would use up 40p traveling between each customer. Don't see how this works - well only because it's black market or because of working tax credit. If govt raised minimum wage and stopped subbing greedy employers with the benefits system all this exploitation would be stopped. They would have to pay realistic wages and charge a realistic price for their services. If these jobs are the reason for the drop in unemployment the economy is on a sticky wicket.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Amazon Cunts use My Hermes.

Please excuse the language im hoping a google bot may pick the above up and post it to good effect.

:mrgreen:

Ronin

Unread post by Ronin »

I've used UPS and Parcel Force over many years without any major problems.Not the cheapest,but served me well.I guess,you can only speak as you find.

It's totally demoralizing working for peanuts, and they say, if you "pay peanuts you get monkeys" although, I've worked for less, but my conscience demands that I do my best regardless.

Apprentice

Unread post by Apprentice »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:It is a problem with that company, they call them partners but it is marketing bullshit, basically they are minimum wage slaves who are forced to work their bollocks off using their own transport and costs. They attract the wrong people like this woman, who is driving around delivering parcels in a beaten up old Astra. In this case I am afraid I am being a snob, but the clothes the size the accent the car just mean council estate Souf Lunden tower block sub human. So the behaviour is to be expected, under a normal situations I would having nothing to do with her.
I think you'll find that it's "Sarf Lunden". ""Souf" as in souffle, I don't fink so.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is with a BBC accent :lol:

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

slinger wrote:If I remember correctly there are a ton of people on Amazon complaining since they (Amazon) switched to using My Herpes as a courier.
I have found the cure Slinger,i have refused to buy anything from Amazon until they pay their staff and their taxes.Six months so far,you can do it if you try. :whistle: :dance:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

wallace wrote:I have found the cure Slinger,i have refused to buy anything from Amazon until they pay their staff and their taxes.Six months so far,you can do it if you try. :whistle: :dance:
Sadly I've just bought a load of socks from Amazon...and DVDs...and some CDs and... :oops:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Socks :think: you always struck me as the sandals type from your photo.