AP10H Jammy Special Upgrade

All things NVA
Fretless
Netherlands

Re: AP10H Jammy Special Upgrade

Unread post by Fretless »

Reading back on this thread Doc - looks like you made a one-off marvel here. :dance:

Build another one - but keep it for yourself :shhh:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Fretless wrote:Reading back on this thread Doc - looks like you made a one-off marvel here. :dance:

Build another one - but keep it for yourself :shhh:
I think he was going to Fret, but rather busy wifh backlog of orders at the time, not sure if he ever got round to it... :think:

Another pic of it here Fret....Full of NVA splendour.

i
NVA 3 BOX HEADPHONE AMP..jpg
NVA 3 BOX HEADPHONE AMP..jpg (316.84 KiB) Viewed 2215 times
:guiness;

alfer

Unread post by alfer »

Would you consider a balanced socket? I think you may get more business and recognition
AtoZ

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

What the feck are you talking about alfer, do you know what balanced is or you just see and believe the bullshit.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

:lol:

I knew that response was coming as soon as I read alfer's post :grin:

alfer

Unread post by alfer »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:What the feck are you talking about alfer, do you know what balanced is or you just see and believe the bullshit.
Is this bullshit http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/headphone-a ... 0-acoustic ?

I see sales lost because of the lack of an XLR socket. Me I use Phono on my HD800 with the AP10H.
AtoZ

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yes it is bullshit. I have talked about balancing so many times I really cannot be bothered to say it all again. I will just say the signal it receives is single ended so why balance it, it adds more in the signal path for no musical benefit. Balancing is a pro solution for long cables and a noise rich environment, selling if for domestic systems is unnecessary rip-off bullshit marketing.

Are you telling me I should practice bullshit and just because some eeediots would fall for the marketing and buy it, well you don't know me then do you!

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

alfer wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:What the feck are you talking about alfer, do you know what balanced is or you just see and believe the bullshit.
Is this bullshit http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/headphone-a ... 0-acoustic ?

I see sales lost because of the lack of an XLR socket. Me I use Phono on my HD800 with the AP10H.
Let's just say overengineered for no sonic benefit in a domestic hifi environement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balanced_audio

XLR was developed for use in PA systems to overcome problems when signal cables have to run for hundreds of feet with lots of other cables. It has become a bit of a fad over time in domestic hifi land. In my experience in domestic hifi pulling signal cables apart when they are joined together produces a benefit but who, nowadays, provides joined together signal cables.

[edit] and I might be talking out of turn here but the sort of customer who demands XLR connections are probably the sort of customer the Doc doesn't want anyway.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

XLR and balanced are two different things used for different reasons and ENTIRELY attributed to problems that only occur in professional applications.

A PA rig using RCA phono with the roadies I have met would be permanently broken - XLR is for toughness and usability, it sounds worse that RCA phono. That is why XLR.

Balancing is to control noise in complex, big and noisy installations, it has NO other purpose.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS BULLSHIT!!!

alfer

Unread post by alfer »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Yes it is bullshit. I have talked about balancing so many times I really cannot be bothered to say it all again. I will just say the signal it receives is single ended so why balance it, it adds more in the signal path for no musical benefit. Balancing is a pro solution for long cables and a noise rich environment, selling if for domestic systems is unnecessary rip-off bullshit marketing.

Are you telling me I should practice bullshit and just because some eeediots would fall for the marketing and buy it, well you don't know me then do you!
Seems I don't know you and XLR so sorry to waste your time. Learned a bit about the XLR effect though
AtoZ