New!!!!! NVA CD players

All things NVA
CN211276
Wales

Re: New!!!!! NVA CD players

Unread post by CN211276 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:09 pm

I think there would have been more takers but for high res streaming which was gaining popularity at this time.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/MCRU PS, AQ J-bug, AQ Carbon, Chord Mscaler-Qutest/MCRU PS, Geistnote Apogee, NVA BMU, P90SA, A80sMk2, Phono 1, SSP Mk 2, TSCS, TIS mk2, Cube 1s, Atacama stands, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, Grado SR 325e, headphones.

Second system
Chord Mojo (also HP amp), NVA P20, A20, Cubettes, SSC, LS3.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

R.I.P. Doc

Latteman
Great Britain

Unread post by Latteman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:49 pm

Read it again Stu; just for interest/ debate what do You think the eventual donor Cdp would have been- several years on and the suggestion of a car cdp can work as most have remotes- I also like the idea of a PS3 etc-
What mods would u do to a transport- most are flimsy plastic drawers except the meridian I had.
Would make for an interesting project 🍺
Analogue- ARB modified Funk Firm Vector; Ortofon Mc 10 & MCa step up to Yaqin phono stage
Digital Sources- Little Dot Dac1, Musical Fidelity E600 & Apple TV
Amplification-NVA P20 & A20 (both modded)
Speakers- Diy BBCubes; Ls6
Mini BMU to dc blocker

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:23 am

Latteman wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:49 pm
Read it again Stu; just for interest/ debate what do You think the eventual donor Cdp would have been- several years on and the suggestion of a car cdp can work as most have remotes- I also like the idea of a PS3 etc-
What mods would u do to a transport- most are flimsy plastic drawers except the meridian I had.
Would make for an interesting project 🍺
I have no idea what the donor would have been :cry: Something from the cheaper end of the market maybe fro Richer Sounds ? Knowing RD it would have been a simple, musical affair. Play stations are apparently good players of cd's - need to give my son's PS4 a run out :grin:

RD wanted to strengthen the transport, not sure how but i would wager it would involve bison kit and steel :lol: I don't know about drawers - i love the way my Naim does it with it's swing out tray that you pull and magnet to hold the cd in place. No cogs, belts or other crap to go wrong.. It is very substantial.

I gave gone to town on mine with the power supplies, regulators, clock, removed the seven pole bessel filter anologue stage. Simple is better in my experience although my project bred power supplies like rabbits.
DIY inspired by Richard "The Doc" Dunn RIP

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:42 am

Richard ended up looking at the Pro-ject CD Box S which is a slot-loader with a high quality transport, remote and external PSU.

But he was hesitant due to the higher price.

I tried out one of these and ended up with the Cambridge CXC which totally fulfills my CD needs. :grin:
NVA: P50sa - SSP - A40 - LS6 - Cube2 - BMU
Digits: Asus Tinkerboard S + AQ Jitterbug
USB: Schiit Wyrd + Inakustik Excellenz
Ethernet: Silent Angel Bonn N8
DAC: TeraDak V4.5 Chameleon CD: Cambridge CXC
Cans: AQ Nighthawk Carbon + Schiit Magni3