Loan Service

All things NVA
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Loan Service

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

bronzeage wrote:Thanks, will send back today.
Thanks. I wonder if absence may make the heart grow fonder here? I don't feel a cable should act as a tone control, so if there's a possible issue with one of the sources, I'd really try to sort that out if you can...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Dave you should know the answer by now, it is not fault correction it is cleaning the window.

bronzeage
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by bronzeage »

Oh, the window was cleaned all right. Unfortunately, that let me see the crud! Maybe if some large sums of money fall into my hands, I can try a different PC, or a different DAC, but those are expensive steps, much more so than an interconnect, and since I'm enjoying the music as it is, well you can see my logic, right? I mean, I use JRiver, so I could apply all sorts of processing and equalisation if I wanted to, but I find that always takes something away from the natural sound.

If I do manage to upgrade the source end one day, then I'll give it another shot.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Wasn't aimed at you mate, you like what you like. I was aiming at someone elses reason why.

bronzeage
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by bronzeage »

Oh, I was not taking that as a criticism - you just stated the truth of the situation. If you are going to drive at high speed, you need the right tyres, and so on.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

THE LOAN SERVICE IS ON HOLD

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The loan service is back off hold, but limited to individual products. So this thread is opened again. Each item for loan will have its own thread.

Requests can be made here but because I am doing it myself (more work :roll: ) it will be very limited as to what is available, unless I am bombarded with requests about a particular item, so I can be persuaded.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

BTW these loans are available for Bake-Offs and Bake-Off shows if required, it just needs a member of HFS to request it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

BTW something I forgot to emphasise, this has come up because of the lying stupidity going on at TAS. The same as bake-offs, any other manufacture is welcome to lend a product to be compared side by side with any nva product, if they think they can better it. I WELCOME IT and will even help in setting up the comparison and ask for honest reviews and response to the result. This is what the TAS loan scheme was about but all the others were scared of it so tried to stop it and succeeded. So I don't hold out much hope of others joining in, but the option is there.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I would be perfectly happy to make this service available on the other larger forums, it is not me stopping it.

Wish we had a forum PURELY for organising loan schemes and Bake-offs, wouldn't that be nice. There was a perfect opportunity with the fall out of members from old wigwam to new, but they just went off into an introverted little in crowd clan at Audio Abattoir.