Loan Service

All things NVA
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Loan Service

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

bronzeage wrote:I'm using a Schiit Bifrost Multibit. I don't get this type of 'ultra-treble' with any other RCA, it could be a case of them simply not being transparent enough, or just some kind of mis-match with these particular components. It's a little weird and frustrating, because the good features of the SSPM2 are very desirable.

My local Audio T is usually very happy to let me try different cables they have, so will see if USB cable makes a noticeable difference.
Audio T were/are very close to closing down, so I'm not surprised they'll let you try anything so they can get a 60% profit on a cable sale...

The Bifrost uses the video DAC chips popular in some circles (Westlake designed Audiolabs?). These are known to have a 'HiFi' and not such a 'musical' presentation, treble 'detail' taking the lead. Not sure of the Bifrost is 'voiced' the same, but the Audiolab had what seemed like hundreds of firmware updates done in an attempt to fine tune it.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

George Hincapie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

Is the P90SA available on loan at all?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Yes, but route the request through Dave (DSJR) as he organisises it for me.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Back to Sidcup with the SSP2 Bronzeage.

George Hincapie

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Yes, but route the request through Dave (DSJR) as he organisises it for me.
Thank you Richard, I'll drop him a line.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I've received PM's from GH and PM'd a reply CC the Doc for sorting :)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

bronzeage

Unread post by bronzeage »

Unfortunately, the object that shows your new address won't display on my computer (work restrictions) - can somebody give me the Sidcup address, either here or by PM?

Thanks

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Done by PM

bronzeage

Unread post by bronzeage »

Thanks, will send back today.

George Hincapie

George Hincapie wrote:SSP arrived today, thank you Dave.

Connected and listening to Ben Howard (Every Kingdom) at the moment. There is an immediately apparent difference compared to my current SSC.

Deeper, more focused soundstage. Greater clarity and distinction between instruments and vocalists.

Based on one CD so far, SSP presents an obvious and positive experience. I am impressed.

Will listen more later and over the weekend then happy to send them on to someone else early next week.

Will post more concise thoughts with my BMU review over the weekend.

Did I say it was a no brainer? I want some... :guiness;
Just a quick update for any prospective purchasers. Having returned the loan SSP some time ago, I reverted to SSC. Don't get me wrong, SSC are very, very good interconnects but SSP are phenomenal. They are the audio equivalent of how I imagine a night of incredible sex with Jessica Chastain or Gemma Arteton; once you've had it, you don't want to go back.

I can't live without them. So I have just ordered some :guiness;