All things NVA
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NVA Senior turntable

Unread post by jammy395 »

"Dickie Dunn"...........Its got a ring to it. :whistle: :lol:

Im Jammy, cause im a lucky bar steward. :!:
I also :romance-heartbeating: Jam (Robertsons).
I have a the full collection of Golliwog Badges from the Robertson promotions.
:guiness;

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

That was my dad - Dickie Dunn and his Dance band, semi pro, mostly for the free drinks :lol:

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

jammy395 wrote: I have a the full collection of Golliwog Badges from the Robertson promotions.
:guiness;
i remember when they stopped putting them on,it was the start of all the ridiculous nonsense you can and cant say we have today!
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

MarkWoody

Unread post by MarkWoody »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Reading that thread, what happened to that TT. Mark Woody is a member and still posting can I nag him for a follow up on it.
You can indeed! However, it will have to be late tonight or more likely tomorrow. I finished nights this morning - not been up very long and just rushing out to a retiremant do.

jammy395

Look forward to yer findings Woody...... :epop: :guiness;

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

:epop:

MarkWoody

Sorry chaps, hope you weren't expecting much!

Apologies too for the delay - having just finished nights on Saturday, I was called in again to provide senior cover over 3 more nights.

I did indeed buy this NVA Senior turntable:

http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index. ... ic=17144.0

Confession time... Rather embarrassed to admit that it has sat upstairs (unused & armless) ever since.

I'm afraid it isn't just the NVA turntable either - unfortunately, circumstances have meant that I haven't been able to have any system set up. Depressingly everything remains boxed upstairs.

I did mention in the other thread that I knew it would be some time before I could use it - really didn't think it would be nearly 2 years though!

At the time I also offered to loan it to the Doc to play with, once his move was sorted. I've been meaning to offer to lend it to someone again but, like a few other things in my life, haven't got round to it!

MarkWoody

The offer still stands by the way Doc, although I understand you're a tad busy - but... apparently Nadia "would quite like to have it for history sake".

Next in line would be Dave (DSJR) - "Now this is one I'd love to 'keep' for you while you move".

jammy395

Aye Woody, lend it back to the Doc, you never know it may rekindle an old flame and kick start a new production model.

:whistle:

MarkWoody

Ha ha, I doubt it. That ship sailed a long time ago I reckon. Even though it's NVA it's still got a rubber band!