What do you think is best .

All things NVA
Chunk McDaniel
Has thanked: 0

What do you think is best .

Unread post by Chunk McDaniel »

Ok here are more questions. If givin the choice between an AP 70 or P50sa and A60 which would you choose. Driving a pair of Cube 2"s with LS1 cable. Let the discussions begin.

antonio66
Been thanked: 0

Re: What do you think is best .

Unread post by antonio66 »

I've never heard any of the NVA intergrated's, but would heartily recommend the A60. I'm partnering with a P50, but may upgrade to the SA later. The advantage with the pre/power is its easy to upgrade (you can just see the Doc rubbing his hands) at a later date if you want.

Chunk McDaniel

Thought the integrated may have edged it. Dual mono two transformers and an extra 10w and I could just switch to an p50sa and a couple of a70's or 80's when and if the time comes.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

The Cubes are easy to drive - my 23w Sugden loved them - due to crossover-less design. The P20/A20 starter kit would be fine with the Cubes if you want to get a good taste of NVA flavours for minimal initial outlay...then upgrade at full value within 2 years.

The P50SA/A60MK2 I now use are more open and detailed than the Sugden (and around £700 cheaper) and without losing the latter's tonal qualities.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

George Hincapie

Unread post by George Hincapie »

Personally I'd rather go for a pair of A40s to drive the Cube 2s. And I'd swap LS1 for at least LS3.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Cube 2's are bouncy little things and it's my opinion that the bigger the amps the bigger they're likely to sound, irrespective of the room they're in - it's as fundamental than that.

NVA amps all basically sound similar and the circuit easily allows ever larger power supplies and supply configurations to be used with them. Get the biggest you can afford and hell, nothing wrong AT ALL with a P20 if you can get away with just two inputs and put the rest into the power amp with SSC to link them. Speaker cables are a secondary thing entirely and I'd even go as far as to say to use LS2 if it means a better amp can be used. Nothing at all wrong with LS2 either for 99% of uses and this current stuff comes from a very good maker and ISN'T the same as cheaply available on fleabay as the insulation is better on the LS2 raw cable I think - so there!!!!!!! I have LS5 and LS2 and I honestly don't think it's a night and day difference, although I don't listen to my stereos like an audiophool any more - they're a tool for the job, nothing more...

An AP70 is all in one box, has the same amp boards as all of them but with twin transformers, twin rectifier bridges and separate smoothing caps for each channel, so is in effect a double mono amp sharing one mains lead! Having a separate preamp from the power amp increases upgrade flexibility, that's all mainly.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I wasn't going to join in BUT. There is large differences musically between the cables both interconnect and speaker cables. A40 with LS6 and SSP2 will be a lot better than A80's with LS1 or LS2 and SC. I like the integrated and don't understand why they don't sell as well now, if you go back 5 years it was mostly integrated that sold. Forum momentum is to pre power as that is what most own here.

Where ever you start and finish you wont be unhappy, and don't get upgrade paranoia, just enjoy what you get. Anyway you take no risk as you can return if unhappy and have no loss upgrade.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Starting at the lower end and taking advantage of the Doc's incredibly generous upgrade scheme will give you that satisfying NVA sound and will also allow you to appreciate the sonic improvements as you move up the range. :grin:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

I might just be a tad biased here,but i say get an AP70 with LS5. Plug it in and listen to them for ten years or so,thou' i might be swayed into some LS6 if my premium bonds ever pay out. ;)
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Chunk McDaniel

I might have guessed everyone has a different opinion :grin: I am still undecided but maybe leaning towards a P50sa and the A40's with LS3 or the AP70. The Cube 2's are a sure pick. Should my Rega p3-24 and Naim CD 5 be ok with NVA?