Re: Another rethink.

Unread post by Classicrock »

Great to have you back DQ.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

kimangelis wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:51 pm Good evening Richard.

Don't stress about this please. I realise you need to make money. However, those of us who realise your worth will always be here for you. It's always a balance between life and work, particularly if you're good at what you do. For me I intend to upgrade mt Cube 2's to Cube 1's but not in the near future. Hope you're always here. Life will be odd without you.
I am well and happy just a bit overworked ATM, and just had my four monthly check and scan, still completely clear. That is now 6 years since first diagnosed, and the Doctors say the longer you stay free of it the more likely you will stay free of it. So expect to have me around for a few years yet. I don't see past another 10 years I am not sure I will want to wield a soldering iron at 80, even if the eyes hold out, but I can train and supervise others to do it.

You upgrade when you are ready, there is no pressure from me.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Pleased about the good news from the doctor and NVA will keep going well into the future.
I am recently retired, a lot sooner than planned. Less than six months ago an offer came up I could not turn down and like most in their late 50s I was accepted. It is great not having to get up to go to work, especially on mornings like this when it is pouring down. I have been quite active, but inevitably am home a lot more. The sound I am getting from the NVA kit I have bought is a god send.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

When I eventually give up I have lots of option on the table to look at. There is a multi million pound company in the acrylic plastics business wanting to take me over or a major share holding and a couple of others making noises, but that is not a good option for new customers as they will pay a lot more for product. The best option is to run it the way it is using freelance outwork for production and a central point just to test, send, repair. I have already moved to that to a degree with DSJR, but what I see as simple others find difficult. I need to get a chain of people as back up and for additional work.