Cube 2

All things NVA
SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Re: cube 2

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:01 pm The only way as with Guy is to get people to listen, some will be stuck up the arses of their egos as with some of the comments Steve has got for his efforts, but I think a majority of enthusiasts have at least a degree of open mind and open ears. Anyway I see it as their loss where the mind is closed. Arses are arses and mostly always will be, probably a genetic trait.
Getting people to listen is key to convincing them about the undeniable merits of the semi-omni concept. No-one who has heard my OmniMets in my room has had anything negative to say about them. I had the Cube 2 in my room, about the same time too and they attracted the same praise from those who heard them, including several of my friends who are not even interested in hi-fi. The praise from the non hi-fi people about the sound of the Cubes and the OmniMets was, to me, the most interesting because to a man/woman, the talk was purely about the music itself and of it being "just there" in the room.

What I was totally unprepared for was the veritable tsunami of agenda driven hi-fi bollocks, suddenly unleashed, at me personally and the speakers, both in public and via PM. It literally came out of nowhere. I will freely admit that it knocked me sideways. I suspect that, no I don't suspect....I KNOW that it was because of my support for the Doc in the face of a pitchfork wielding mob of knobheads.
Cant get at Richard so let's go for the "weaker" prey - simple as that. The twats almost succeeded, but sod the sad bastards is my attitude now. They will never renounce their dogma so I don't waste my time engaging with them.

What these people can't take away, is that it is a self evident truth, that in conjunction with both NVA and single ended valve amplification, plus an NVA phono stage for vinyl, the sound I am getting in my living room is the best it has ever been, and I'm sure the same is true for a great many people using NVA on here.
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well you know me I would post who they are and what they said all over the internet to shame them and show them up for what they are, but people are different, you may not want to.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Pitchfork wielding mob of knobheads - very well put Steve.

Well they are the one's losing out, not opening their minds and broadening their musical horizons. I have learnt more here about certain things than i did in ten years on pfm. If only they would try some of the Doc's teachings and find out themselves.
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Sadly these people are members at Audio Talk. For the first time when the pitchfork mob turned on me a forum owner stood up, not for me but for what is right and proper. So denied their victim they started on Steve. Nick (Lurcher) needs big praise in this matter as being the ONLY forum owner to do what is right and not give in to the pitchfork gangs. Where as on PFM, Old Wigwam, and especially annoying for me TAS they gave into it and banned me. AoS was different it was the owner who wielded the pitchfork, and was still doing it 5 years later as seen in the disgraceful attempt to libel nva as catching fire and badly made recently.

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

I would love to listen to a pair of Cubes sometime. I wonder if there's anyone in the Manchester area who has a pair who could oblige?

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:51 pm Well you know me I would post who they are and what they said all over the internet to shame them and show them up for what they are, but people are different, you may not want to.
I prefer to simply not engage them.
However, to be fair, there is a solid core of mates I have on there, whose opinions I respect and whose abilities are unquestionable, both with electronics and speakers.
They are the backbone and the essence of Audio Talk and have, like me been on AT since the year dot.
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

BillyBones wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:25 pm I would love to listen to a pair of Cubes sometime. I wonder if there's anyone in the Manchester area who has a pair who could oblige?
Anyone in Manchester with cubes ?

The joy needs to be spread.
DIY FREE ZONE

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

An arse on AT turned on me a few months ago with comments about the length of my hair and nationality, obviously taking exception to my posts here. He was soon banned.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

That wasn't a real member of AT, they went through a spate of people signing on just to attack me. Jammy and a couple of others from the cesspit forum Snakeoilaudio signing up under stupid names, there were lots of attempts. In the end Nick binned them all.

George Hincapie
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

I'd forgotten about Jammy; wonder how he is doing? HFS is certainly quieter without his whiskey fuelled tirades...