The Cube Club

All things NVA
Chunk McDaniel
Has thanked: 0

Re: The Cube Club

Unread post by Chunk McDaniel »

Cube 2's in my music system been there for a couple of years now. I replaced my Harbeth P3 es's with the cubes. I was told by a few friends that I was mad and the Cubes would never image as well as the Harbeths. Well that was nonsense. They are miles in front in all areas. I have recently been hankering after a good dollop of bass though to add that epic sense of scale that effortless deep bass seems to bring.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Set up - As near back wall as possible, if bass too rich then easy away inch by inch until bass drops into the mix. Then angle the speaker to create the image you want flat = CinemaScope, 45 deg angle = 3D, balance is in between.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Fretless wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:53 pm Do my venerable, revamped 90's MDF Cube 3's count ?

:pray: :pray: :pray:
#
Of course.

Ukulele Sam
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by Ukulele Sam »

Original wooden Cubettes and now Cube 3 in my system. Not the most expensive speakers I have ever owned but easily my favourites so far. Just wish I had hung on for a bargain on a new style 3 cabinet, £400 is a steal for those.

Stands sound interesting considering what acrylic seems to bring to the party though - any rough idea on price at this stage Doc and when might they be available to the forum?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Next month for both, getting legs organised and priced by my case makers. 100mm x 100mm x 600mm legs, on two or three or four of them, top and bottom plate 10mm black acrylic sized per cube. They won't be cheap bargains, they will be icing on the cake.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I was sceptical. Had the BMU, NVA amplification, phono stage, cables and interconnectors before i took the plunge. Decided on the Cube 3s because of the confined listening area in the large room. When the music played it was the biggest wow factor i have experienced after any purchase. The music did not seem to be coming from the speakers and sounded good everywhere in the room. There was even a decent sound in the adjacent kitchen. I was struck by the depth of the bass, lower than a sub I had been using. When the sale came I took advantage of the trade in and upgraded to Cube 1s. They produce deeper bass and more authority. Just as important they work close to the wall, same as the 3s.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

montechristo358
Great Britain

Unread post by montechristo358 »

Cubettes in my office, pics to follow hello boys ;-)
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

davjam13
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by davjam13 »

I bought my Cubettes in October or November last year and I think I have played more records and more to the point more various types of records since I have had them than I had in the whole of the previous year there no longer seems to be the need to bring out the same old test tracks to see how they sound and they still seem to be getting better the more I use them although I am still tweaking toe in angles I seem to have the back to front distance and width sorted, it's a pretty small room so unfortunately I think the cube 3 's would be a no no, I certainly seem to get enough bass and the soundstage is excellent.
Cleardio performance D.C.Turntable MCRU PSU Clearaudio Clarify arm Clearaudio Virtuoso v2 Ebony MM cartridge
Project cd box DS
pioneer vsx 531
interrconnects all Nva ssc
Nva ls3 biwire speaker cable
Linn Tukans front
monitor audio radius centre

Toontrev

Unread post by Toontrev »

Similar to a few others, last piece of the puzzle however I had prior cube listening experience so knew what to expect. Only they're better than I'd hoped. Cube 2s have intergrated so well. Last week filled up the stands with silicone carbide sand but can't say I've noticed any difference. Lifting up the height so the Tweeter is at ear height when seated seems better.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Bass note downward compression on the stand makes filling less important for stands with Cubes.