The Cube Club

All things NVA
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: The Cube Club

Unread post by Classicrock »

CN211276 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:16 pm
savvypaul wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:58 pm Before you spend anything like MScaler money, get to hear an idler drive turntable - a well fettled Lenco or Garrard in a heavy plinth. It may change your mind about what is possible...and leave you an awful lot of change to buy new LPs with.
I dont buy LPs, or CDs. All my CDs are ripped and I have very few CDs and LPs which are not on Qobuz. I prefer the sound of digital and it is more convenient. It also wins on cost when you take into account the combined cost of TT, arm, cartridge, phono stage and PS. Had a bit of a shock when i found out on this forum that the cartridge which cost me £50 is now £200.
Not just off Topic but a post more suited to The Audio Standard Forum. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Cubettes are now really singing and producing decent bass. They take a few days and maybe 20 hours to loosen up being tight as gnat's **** when first fired up. The weight and build was a surprise. Those 12" cubes are gonna be back breakers! The LS5 cables arrived today so will try those tomorrow. Reviews will follow in the appropriate thread.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The ONLY way to understand and appreciate Cubes is to use Cubes and live with them for few days. My problem is the design is SO different to the run of the mill out there that maybe people are scared of the difference. They don't even show their best at shows because peoples minds are set to what they are hearing room after room some better than others but all basically the same, until the NVA room.

So the Cubette is here to make it as easy as possible to get the point, as they say, because once you do you wont change back, read the reviews. Though you will need a wall to work off if you want full benefit, the only return has been because of that.

Anyway we have unpacked the last set of 5 pairs and we have problems. We had them make 25 pairs and this is the last 5, well they haven't been treated well and three have small corner chips with one of them with small edge chips, and some with small rubs or abrasions on the side.. They have been mishandling in the cab makers storage.

Anyway two pairs are pretty much there so I will let those go at the old £225 price and not the £250, and the three damaged pairs at £200, and the cab maker is coughing up the difference.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Proper isobaric big ass cubes with 12 inchers is where its at baby. If i had a very large room/house (which i dont) i would be shoving another 12 incher behind the two i already have. Hey, just be careful where you put those 12 inchers :hand: My final speakers which will stay with me for the rest of my days (but built in to a decent cabinet which look better than what i have now).

I need to hear some ordinary speakers again to really remind myself how shite mainstream ones are. Loving the cube love in :clap:
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

They are in hand Stu, but obviously they will be pricey, but not stooopid rip-off pricey for what they are. And per usual with Cube type Cubes the bass drivers will be in vertical compression.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Cube 3 normally £600 for nva owners and for members here down to £400, and trade back your Cubettes if you want - full value.

scotty38
Kiribati

Unread post by scotty38 »

I've only just had some of the latest Cubettes so is this a worthwhile trade up for me too?

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

scotty38 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:43 pm I've only just had some of the latest Cubettes so is this a worthwhile trade up for me too?
What size room?
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/