NVA feedback - what could be better

All things NVA
savvypaul
Great Britain

NVA feedback - what could be better

Unread post by savvypaul »

There is an interesting discussion thread currently running about NVA pricing. I'd like to widen that discussion to all other aspects of NVA.

What would make it better, for you?

I won't jump on anyone - please feel free to discuss.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Fretless
Netherlands

Re: NVA feedback - what could be better

Unread post by Fretless »

I know that 'Remote Control' has often been asked for (not by me, I hasten to add) but would it be possible to investigate remote volume and/or switching as an option??

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro & AudioQuest

montechristo358
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by montechristo358 »

id love to see that as well remote volume being the big one
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

Rick4001
Great Britain

Unread post by Rick4001 »

I would definitely be in the market for a new pre if a remote control for the volume option was available.
My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/modified Musical Fidelity X DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Nakamichi CA5E preamp, Passive RVC, Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp ,Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands, NVA LS5, Cambridge NP30 network player, Mogami with Neutrik RCA, Sennheiser HD650, 600, Koss Pro4 AA.

Vinyl-ant
Great Britain

Unread post by Vinyl-ant »

Playing devils advocate, remote control is a pain in the arse to implement and you are limited to what pots you can use. The motor used has to key into the back of the pot used in order to turn it. You would probably end up with something along the lines of an alps blue and associated i/r receiver plus motor. There would also need to be a 9v dc supply in there to power the circuit, adding more complexity and potential noise to the amplifier or pre. I don't know of any remote controlled stepped attenuator other than the khozmo. Which is very good but very expensive. I would think r/c using an alps would add at least 100 quid or more to the cost of what you put it in. Much more using a khozmo

Are people prepared to pay the extra just so they dont have to get up to alter the volume.....
Analogue: oracle delphi sme 309, jbe series 3 cx unipivot dv20x2l, roksan xerxes tabriz vm750, jvc ql-y5f rigb at440, jvc ql-y3f vm750, lenco 75, technics sl150

Phono stages: cole lcr, benedict audio hothead

Digital: cyrus cd7, wiim mini x2, topping e30, jds labs el dac 2+

Amplification: nelson pass b1, nelson pass f5

Speakers: 15" fane aperiodic wardrobes

Cans: myryad z40, hifiman sundara + deva, fostex t50rp, sennheiser momentum on ear +over ear, b&w p5 and p7

ljones67
Great Britain

Unread post by ljones67 »

I really like my Cubettes but could do with a bit more bass so I think Cube 3s would be just right. If the Cubes are released in a revised form in the future I'd like to see a better quality grille, maybe recessed and a finer mesh?
Also, as much as I like my P50SA and A20, a remote controlled integrated amp would be very nice.

There were some computer images posted recently of an NVA amp. On my screen the colour looked more like a very dark satin grey which looked great, so possibly offering different finishes would be interesting.

Vinyl-ant
Great Britain

Unread post by Vinyl-ant »

Here is an example of a kit to add rc and the involved costs with an alps. You could play around with a tkd pot too, vat to be added on top
https://www.hificollective.co.uk/catalo ... -6344.html
Analogue: oracle delphi sme 309, jbe series 3 cx unipivot dv20x2l, roksan xerxes tabriz vm750, jvc ql-y5f rigb at440, jvc ql-y3f vm750, lenco 75, technics sl150

Phono stages: cole lcr, benedict audio hothead

Digital: cyrus cd7, wiim mini x2, topping e30, jds labs el dac 2+

Amplification: nelson pass b1, nelson pass f5

Speakers: 15" fane aperiodic wardrobes

Cans: myryad z40, hifiman sundara + deva, fostex t50rp, sennheiser momentum on ear +over ear, b&w p5 and p7

Rick4001
Great Britain

Unread post by Rick4001 »

Richard explained the issues with remote controls when I met him and I fully understand why he didn't want to go down that route. It would be ridiculous to compromise any piece of equipment for the sake of convenience, I only asked him as I have mobility problems and a remote volume would be handy. I could buy a stick with a rubber end to turn the knob I guess lol.
My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/modified Musical Fidelity X DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Nakamichi CA5E preamp, Passive RVC, Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp ,Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands, NVA LS5, Cambridge NP30 network player, Mogami with Neutrik RCA, Sennheiser HD650, 600, Koss Pro4 AA.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

As somebody who had the worst basal ganglia brain bleed the consultant had seen, I look upon changing volume as part of my physical therapy.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

See no need for remote control, especially as it would raise prices and reduce sound quality. As I said on another thread I control the volume from a set SA setting with my phone. Not too much hassle having to get up to adjust the volume when watching tv or playing vinyl. Will be better with the SA upgrade.

I would not wish to see changes to Richard's designs, unless something new and better comes along like the SA with silver wiring.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc