P50SA & A80's - 1st impressions

All things NVA
TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

P50SA & A80's - 1st impressions

Unread post by TheMadMick »

I had a windfall from the tax man and managed to acquire a P50 second hand for upgrading. This gave me a top of the range NVA system as shown above and I declared it as my 2020 ambition in one of the threads here (I've quite forgotten which one). These are initial impressions as the kit arrived at lunch time today.

My expectation varied from "this is going to start out excruciating until it settles down" to "it's not going to be any better than my kW550". Well, wrong on both counts.

I let the kit warm up to room temperature before connecting it in case there was any condensation - it came out of a freezing cold van as I arrived back from my Pilates class. I connected it all up with a second, new, shorter, set of TIS, selected the 1st album (Abba) and went to get my lunch - my wife was out trudging around the Merseyside sand dunes. By the time I had my lunch, Abba were history and so I thought - "lets try something a little more subtle". Rumer - well it wasn't wonderful to start but as the album progressed it got better and better. As many will know, it got to one album after another, Classic FM and now, before compete run in it is simply marvelous. Music all the way - yes the definition is there, the stereo image to die for, the big, well defined bass when called for. But it is a simply a pleasure to listen to it either intently or as background.

I couldn't be happier. Audio Nirvana. It's simply a joy to listen to. Expensive? - yes. Value? - priceless. If it improves more it's going to be orgasmic!! Watch this space. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).

Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: P50SA & A80's - 1st impressions

Unread post by Lindsayt »

You don't have to answer this if you'd rather keep it confidential: how much did you pay for your P50SA and A80 combination?

I paid a total of £300 for my P50SA and A20 combination and I'm delighted with the sound for the amount I paid.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Wonderful. Hope you have lots of enjoyment Mick.
DIY FREE ZONE

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Lindsayt wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:19 pm You don't have to answer this if you'd rather keep it confidential: how much did you pay for your P50SA and A80 combination?

I paid a total of £300 for my P50SA and A20 combination and I'm delighted with the sound for the amount I paid.
PM sent. :grin: :grin:

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

karatestu wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:32 am Wonderful. Hope you have lots of enjoyment Mick.
Thanks Stu. Just hope my hearing holds out long enough to get max enjoyment out of them. :pray: :pray:

Nihil Sleighride
Great Britain

Unread post by Nihil Sleighride »

I've got Mk1 A80s and whilst my P50SA before upgrade was cracking since having the pre upgraded I can't see myself changing anything amp wise in the future, love the music presented with the Larsen's
Pi 4 - Volumio - SMSL M300 Mk2 DAC - Technics SL-1210 - LDA Power Supply - Ortofon TA-110 - Clearaudio Charisma V2 - Music First 632 - NVA P50SA - NVA A80 - Wharfedale Linton Heritage - NVA LS7/TIS