New names and numbers for NVA Power Amplifiers - discussion thread

All things NVA
Latteman
Great Britain

Re: New names and numbers for NVA Power Amplifiers - discussion thread

Unread post by Latteman »

Your company your product your right to name it- I can’t help picturing Alan Sugar when USP branding etc are mentioned 😂

Please hurry up with the new phono stage and speaker names👍🏼
These users thanked the author Latteman for the post:
savvypaul (Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:51 pm)
Analogue Source -
Denon DP47f- Ortofon mc20 supreme
Ifi Zen Phono
Doug Self balanced Pre amp
Akai 4000DS mk2 R2R
Digital Sources- IfI stream, Ifi Neo idsd Dac; Tidal / Radio Paradise
Amplification Nva 30vdc mono blocks
Speakers Lii Audio F-15 in Open Baffle; Ls6
Weiduka AC8.8- for digital sources
Mini BMU for analog sources

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

---Tom--- wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:19 pm Hah! But not true. A chance to have a nice long session - the first in ages - with my *checks notes* Artisan M600s prompted me to drop by. It's nice to be reminded of just how good they are :grin:

Also, my absence is only due to the fact that lockdown and post-lockdown as the main carer of two infant children is pretty brutal, and keeps me off forums in general.

I like Pit Pony.
Welcome back... :grin:
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
---Tom--- (Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:28 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Docfoster
Wales

Unread post by Docfoster »

Geoff.R.G wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:23 pm The customer is only right when they are stating what they want, once they have settled for less than that, they get what they have paid for. Very few customers get what they want.
I like this.

In general parlance, I'd always assumed "the customer is always right" is just a phrase to capture a customer service mindset / way of working. And, that as a phrase it's meant almost sarcastically: "Obviously a lot of the time customer will, in fact, be not only wrong, but rude. Their behaviour will trigger frustration in you and cause you to want to point out their errors. However, you must act as if they are right and as if you are grateful for their insight."
These users thanked the author Docfoster for the post:
valvesRus (Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:25 pm)
System 1: JRiver MC24 > Dell Latitude 7270 > Asus Xonar Essence One Muses Edition DAC & pre- > One4 Class A power amp (with Dynamic PSU boards) > DIY Monacor SP-310CX speakers & DIY Dayton Audio SD315A-88 bass cab.
LC Audio Technology mains DC filter > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply
TQ (Wonfor) Ultra Black cables.

System 2: Anything with a headphone socket > Inca Tech Claymore > DIY Monacor SP-308CX speakers

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

Docfoster wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:46 pm
I like this.

In general parlance, I'd always assumed "the customer is always right" is just a phrase to capture a customer service mindset / way of working. And, that as a phrase it's meant almost sarcastically: "Obviously a lot of the time customer will, in fact, be not only wrong, but rude. Their behaviour will trigger frustration in you and cause you to want to point out their errors. However, you must act as if they are right and as if you are grateful for their insight."
In all the years that I served customers, or being responsible for those who did, I found that dealing with rude, and or awkward customers in a polite and helpful manner often made them (eventually) become some of my busiest and most appreciative clients. And as a result my good name, and that of the company was spread around.

Start being grumpy, or (shock horror) surly with such customers and bad news will spread rapidly.

So, no, the customer is not always right, but if he thinks he is it pays dividends business wise. ;)

savvypaul
Great Britain

valvesRus wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:25 pm
Docfoster wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:46 pm
I like this.

In all the years that I served customers, or being responsible for those who did, I found that dealing with rude, and or awkward customers in a polite and helpful manner often made them (eventually) become some of my busiest and most appreciative clients. And as a result my good name, and that of the company was spread around.

Start being grumpy, or (shock horror) surly with such customers and bad news will spread rapidly.

So, no, the customer is not always right, but if he thinks he is it pays dividends business wise. ;)

If this is meant as an oblique reference to NVA then you miss the point. NVA and it's users enter into a pact of mutual intelligence. NVA customers have never had better service. Speak to anyone here who has dealt with myself and Tomasz.

You could find out for yourself, of course... ;)
I am in the hi-fi trade

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

savvypaul wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:59 pm If this is meant as an oblique reference to NVA then you miss the point. NVA and it's users enter into a pact of mutual intelligence. NVA customers have never had better service. Speak to anyone here who has dealt with myself and Tomasz.
I certainly didn't intend any comment upon NVA. It isn't often that one gets the chance to find out about the after sales service before even buying!
savvypaul wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:59 pm You could find out for yourself, of course... ;)
I sincerely hope that doesn't happen, I thought NVA equipment was extremely well built.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Geoff.R.G wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:30 pm
savvypaul wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:59 pm If this is meant as an oblique reference to NVA then you miss the point. NVA and it's users enter into a pact of mutual intelligence. NVA customers have never had better service. Speak to anyone here who has dealt with myself and Tomasz.
I certainly didn't intend any comment upon NVA. It isn't often that one gets the chance to find out about the after sales service before even buying!
savvypaul wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:59 pm You could find out for yourself, of course... ;)
I sincerely hope that doesn't happen, I thought NVA equipment was extremely well built.
I wasn't quoting you, Geoff...
I am in the hi-fi trade

Nihil Sleighride
Great Britain

Unread post by Nihil Sleighride »

Stations of NVA, for example Station 1 The Libertine, Station 2 Joy De Vivre and so forth
These users thanked the author Nihil Sleighride for the post:
savvypaul (Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:55 pm)
Pi 4 - Volumio - SMSL M300 Mk2 DAC - Technics SL-1210 - LDA Power Supply - Ortofon TA-110 - Clearaudio Charisma V2 - Music First 632 - NVA P50SA - NVA A80 - Wharfedale Linton Heritage - NVA LS7/TIS

savvypaul
Great Britain

Nihil Sleighride wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:10 pm Stations of NVA, for example Station 1 The Libertine, Station 2 Joy De Vivre and so forth
That would suit me very nicely :guiness;

However, it might cause an even greater furore than Model Worker :lol:
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
Nihil Sleighride (Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:15 am)
I am in the hi-fi trade

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Hmm..

Somehow French is OK, but Italian not. :-?
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.