NVA product and pricing - context

All things NVA
savvypaul
Great Britain

NVA product and pricing - context

Unread post by savvypaul »

I lent a P50SA and a set of M300 monoblocks to a dealer friend several weeks back. I popped by for a cuppa, yesterday.

He had this to say about the new NVA amps...

'They are unquestionably, very, very good, indeed'

'I would be very happy to sell them'

'I would expect to sell them in decent numbers at £4500 for the set (£1500 for the preamp, £3000 for the monoblocks)'

The M300 monoblocks can currently be had for £1800 or just £1400 when you trade in any old NVA amp - get them while you can.

viewtopic.php?f=32&p=210350#p210350
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
---Tom--- (Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:28 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Re: NVA product and pricing - context

Unread post by TheMadMick »

Unfortunately, any system is dependent not only on the black box hardware but also the source and the interconnects. In other words, the system approach.

Someone quoted the Doc as saying something to the effect that the optimum system is an A20 (or whatever you've decided to call it now) a P50 and LS7 / TIS (and presumably cubes?).
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).

savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: NVA product and pricing - context

Unread post by savvypaul »

TheMadMick wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:11 pm Unfortunately, any system is dependent not only on the black box hardware but also the source and the interconnects. In other words, the system approach.

Someone quoted the Doc as saying something to the effect that the optimum system is an A20 (or whatever you've decided to call it now) a P50 and LS7 / TIS (and presumably cubes?).
I'm not sure how your post is relevant to the OP. Any amplifier relies on having a source. The larger NVA amps will always better the smaller amps in absolute terms, but if you are intelligent with speaker matching then the small amps can work very well indeed and save you even more money.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/