Colin Wonfor

All general audio posts go here.
Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Re: Colin Wonfor

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

terrybooth wrote:
Daniel Quinn wrote:there is a whole profession dedicated to writing instructions manuals .
Yep 'Technical Authors'
In the later part of is life when my Dad got fed up with British Useless Management , B.U.M. (as they normally sat on them all day, or making rude noises) for short it. He wrote manuals for the military electronics companies freelance. I wish now I had grasped that skill , he then retired and wrote a few plays that were performed on the BBC. Anthony Wonfor,s writing can be found on the internet and a few of his plays audio recordings survive.
It can be done so imagine it.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Colin, I don't know if you're in a position to answer this or not. TQ cables, is there anything about the materials used, or their construction that causes the high retail price, especially when you get to the Ultra Black level and above?

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Lindsayt wrote:Colin, I don't know if you're in a position to answer this or not. TQ cables, is there anything about the materials used, or their construction that causes the high retail price, especially when you get to the Ultra Black level and above?
Yes there is but no more should I say just yet. And Geoff,s pixie dust is also added.

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

And the TQ Iridium amp looks quite empty apart from a couple wee heat sinks and a couple toroidal Ts........£6000. :o

The lid must have come off Geoff's Pixie dust sprinkler on this one......... :naughty:

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Colin, that's fine. I'd like to read what you have to say about what goes into the TQ cables, if or when you are able to do so.

Do you think this could be any time soon, like weeks or months, or is it more likely to be years before you can spill the beans?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Perhaps there aren't any beans to spill, apart from the fairy dust, so that is what he is contracted to keep quiet about.

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Perhaps there aren't any beans to spill, apart from the fairy dust, so that is what he is contracted to keep quiet about.
Since the contract was forced on me, and has been broken many time and modification have been added without my consent, I could and should spill the beans as you say.
But why the hell should I, the design concepts are mine based on science and understanding and since that took me many year to learn and pay for why would I give it away again to anybody, was not TQ enough???

But if you want to read more and as myself and you have been cranking on for years about try this.http://www.silcom.com/~aludwig/Phase_audibility.htm

Oh Jammy 4 circuit boards two large transformers two 180mm high heatsinks shielded from wee fingers covered in Jam to stop them frying as the heatsink temperature gets to 90C. Oh and you can fry a Haggis egg on each one, but I do so hate the culling of one of my favorite wee beasties, using golf club to smash their eggs into holes is bad enough.
So I am not sure what amp you are looking into, oh the price was not set by me but the marketing dept adding cost from /export dist/uk dist/retail all set the price oh and Greed and if you want to build cable because you think you can understand that, you force the price sky high and say sales are shit lets stop making it, and flatters one on how good it sounds, I have seen it Geoff and heard that crap before.
Now as to pixie dust here is a link I found explaining how it works by the pixie dust holder himself, wait 30sec the copy sync is out. ( it was on another forum whoops no telling now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB1A7-PRL-U

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Mr Wonfor - As a concept , phase distortion or phase anomalies is pretty widespread idea , the doc as been banging on about for many a year if people would only listen both in electronics and speakers , eg; x-overless bass drivers .

However the concept of a copper cable introducing and thus a cable that can combat it , seems to be the issue .

i respect your decision to keep hold of your intellectual property , but you must appreciate the skepticism

perhaps you can answer this - Is TQ cable of the peg or is it specially made , I suspect it is of the peg given that you were able to demonstrate your idea to geof when he made the 50p bet . Accordingly you must appreciate the increase in peoples skepticism

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Daniel Quinn wrote:Mr Wonfor - As a concept , phase distortion or phase anomalies is pretty widespread idea , the doc as been banging on about for many a year if people would only listen both in electronics and speakers , eg; x-overless bass drivers .

However the concept of a copper cable introducing and thus a cable that can combat it , seems to be the issue .

i respect your decision to keep hold of your intellectual property , but you must appreciate the skepticism

perhaps you can answer this - Is TQ cable of the peg or is it specially made , I suspect it is of the peg given that you were able to demonstrate your idea to geof when he made the 50p bet . Accordingly you must appreciate the increase in peoples skepticism
Hi, No it is not of the peg, and it was 10p. The tooling for this cable format cost TQ/me lots of money and is unique to TQ now. And I was using the conductors for another reason for some contract work on high speed video transmission note conductor not wire. And that was made for my original company before TQ called "Catch 22" we solved problems.
As to combating phase distortion in bad speaker design TQ never said that, it refers to cable design and the Doc has proved that for himself with LS7 cable has he not?? And good on him. And no skepticism there was mentioned.
If it was of the PEG every Fred and Albert would be using it I think, don't you? So now you have information closer to the facts than yours and others assumptions, but I will not be disclosing any more information on a company I have owned and worked for without permission from other members of that company, new none TQ cables maybe but not now and not here. This I suspect if Doc people did the them same to him would really piss him off, don't you?

End of subject.
Last edited by Colin Wonfor on Thu May 07, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

That is all I asked and for me it was satisfactorily answered ;)