new turntable

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: new turntable

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Jayman, Jammy is off on one, we just let him get on with it, don't over react. Don't kick the dog because it pissed on your foot.

With a bit of luck he will really have a go at his Single Malt hoard with some McEwans tinnies to wash it down and we will get some classic Jammy Vogan Poetry to entertain our Saturday night. :lol:

jayman67
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jayman67 »

i would never kick a dog, pissheads on the other hand...... :mrgreen:
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Aye right ya faggot....pm me ....lets get a tune on...... :guiness;

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

C'mon Jammy more :guiness; your still partially intelligeable.

:epop:

jayman67

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:C'mon Jammy more :guiness; your still partially intelligeable.

:epop:
:character-willie: :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness;
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

P :animals-chickencatch: :animals-chicken: :animals-chickencatch: :animals-chicken: :animals-chickencatch: :animals-chicken: :animals-chickencatch: :animals-chicken:

jayman67

i aint got a clue what that means??

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

jayman67 wrote:cheers dave,i had a mission 774 before on my AR 'the turntable' is was a good combination and id probably still be using it if it wasn't for the sloppy tt bearing. i then got the lp12,im very keen to hear how the heybrook sounds compared to the old fruitbox,the arm board is cut for a linn so i can plonk the ittok straight on.
mine has the aluminium sub chassis so its a later model,just have to make an armboard for the 774.
The Ittok sounds great on the TT2 and I remember a Heybrook system of the time (demonstrated by Peter Comeau, whom I knew fairly well back then) which made wonderfully communicative sounds at a show - TT2/Ittok/Asak/don't remember the preamp but the power amps were EAR 509's into HB2's. The record was 'Cantate Domino,' a well loved and superbly recorded demo disc back then and the sound from the little HB2's was the best I ever heard them.

The ally sub-chassis will open the TT2 up to all manner of tone-arms I think and like the later AR 'Legend,' as it was called in the UK (ES1 in the US?), won't ever seem to get in the way I think from memory. The old LP12 bass was severely coloured, giving a nice warm but smeared tone to everything played on it and the tubular sub TT2 had a sort of ringy, hollow midrange when compared with the very best I remember, although for the price I never had complaints. To be fair to Linn, modern versions are so much better, but sadly, the price you pay for them is utterly ridiculous now, as a Spacedeck for a grand is better - and maybe other similar baby heavyweights too from Avid and so on... The sanctimonious attitudes of the better LP12 setter-uppers is also very off-putting.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

The Permed One

Unread post by The Permed One »

Permy can't be doing with dem Bouncy Bouncy decks he had in da past, Why he stick wiv his old Michell 'Focus One' TT. Yours truly bough dis in early 80's. Other decks came & went but never parted with da 'Foowercus'