Records are back - it is official.

All general audio posts go here.
slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Records are back - it is official.

Unread post by slinger »

kimangelis wrote:Sales of vinyl records in the UK this year have passed the 1 million mark for the first time since 1996...
Is it sad that I can remember a time when ONE record could sell a million plus copies?
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

kimangelis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Thank you for that _D_S_J_R_ Well argued and I've learned something.

Don't shut up.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

Blimey,i thought i had clicked onto AOS/PFM by mistake for a minute back there.I spect it just DQ's third pint on the train versus Dave's aspergers realy. :guiness; :mrgreen:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

I've had literally hundreds of systems, dozens of decks and likely over a hundred CD combos. Not to mention all the others I've heard over the years. I'm sure many others have also heard enough variety to form a conclusion. As I said, there's no point in telling me or anyone also their system or their ears are wrong. It kinda smacks of the stuff Marco comes out with tbh. It's been done to death on here before too, with the same circular arguments.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

:lol: :lol: Alas no beer for me today.

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

slinger wrote:
kimangelis wrote:Sales of vinyl records in the UK this year have passed the 1 million mark for the first time since 1996...
Is it sad that I can remember a time when ONE record could sell a million plus copies?
Yep, it's funny to look back. It really was the best of times and the worst of times (to paraphrase a writer I usually cannot stand). Anyone remember Agadoo, the Birdie Song, Shaddup a ya Face or St Winnifreds school Choir? But then there have been so many more epic singles and LPs.

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

Daniel Quinn wrote::lol: :lol: Alas no beer for me today.
And certainly none here :grin:

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Andrew wrote:I've had literally hundreds of systems, dozens of decks and likely over a hundred CD combos. Not to mention all the others I've heard over the years. I'm sure many others have also heard enough variety to form a conclusion. As I said, there's no point in telling me or anyone also their system or their ears are wrong. It kinda smacks of the stuff Marco comes out with tbh. It's been done to death on here before too, with the same circular arguments.
I'm not doing a Marco FFS, I LOVE playing records, [edited for sanity]
Last edited by _D_S_J_R_ on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

I don't know about records are back,i played five records this morning,just looked at the sleeves,the newest one is 44 years old.Still sounds like new though.
They have never been played on an SP25 with a penny on the cart . :whistle:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

nerica19

Unread post by nerica19 »

Brilliant! Love it! Don't shut up DSJR... I'm recently last month back from Sierra Leone where it really is a matter of life and death - so haven't had a chance to visit HFS for quite a long while, but now I find on this thread that it's all kicking off most interestingly. Now that I'm fully plugged in again and have a system to listen to I will try to do a bit of CD/vinyl A-B to see what I remember and whether it's different from what I thought a few months ago. And also while I'm at it, very big thank you to Richard for not charging me last week for fixing the broken SSP plug (my gorilla fault) - (and yes, I have learned my lesson and consider myself thoroughly chastised). NVA/Royd system evolution coming along nicely according to plan formulated out in the African bush.
AMPs: NVA P50 + NVA A60 / Alner Hamblin SP400 Passive Pre + Alner Hamblin SA400 x 2 bridged Digital: Musical Fidelity KW DM25 Transport + KW DM25 DAC / Meridian 200 Transport + Heed DAC / PC to Arcam irDAC via USB Analogue: upgraded Rega RP3+PSU + Exact MM + NVA Phono 2 & 2nd PSU Speakers: Royd Apex + Carver Amazing Platinum IVs + QTA HK10 (on Partingtons) + KEF 105/3 - all LS6 Cans: Grado SR225e (+NVA AP10H) Interconnects: all NVA SSP & SSC + Power Inspired AG1500